Unable to make outgoing calls on HT488

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by newlifecc, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newlifecc

I am setting up my first 3CX. Everything is working except - I cannot seem to find the correct configuration to make outgoing calls through my Grandstream HT488. I have my calls setup with a prefix of "0", strip "1" digit and prepend "*00".

- I am not getting an error through the voip client.
    - With a spy phone, I only hear the dial tone, no connection or attempt to dial out.
    - I can dial out with a phone connected to the HT488, when I dial *00.

I have seen several posts about this. Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks so much!

2. Halea

Halea New Member

I'm certainly not the best qualified person on this forum to give you advice as I am struggling myself with HT488's FXO circuit :|
    Incoming PSTN works, outgoing PSTN doesn't :(
    That said, I don't think that you need to prefix the number that you're calling with *00. I believe that *00 is only to direct connect FXS to FXO and get a dial tone to the locally connected phone. And I hope that I'm not doing a major blunder here :lol: I actually never tried to prefix my calls with *00. It just didn't occur to me. Where did you get the idea that it needs to be appended to the call number? Just curious.
    Halea

3. newlifecc

I'm not sure where I got it, other than just a recognition that it needs something. I think the answer is found in these two resources:

Options at bottom of Basic Settings page (Graphics won't show here)
    HT-488 Users Manual
    There is some combination needed. The line that catches me in the manual is
    There is soemthing 3CX needs to do to access the FXO port.

Thanks for your reply!

4. aguilar

aguilar New Member

hello
    did you tried just prepend 0? wich is the same as remove 0 and add 00

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. newlifecc

Thanks for the suggestion. No go so far. It does not seem that 3CX is communicating at all with outgoing calls to the unit; although everything appears to be working on the 3CX side - it dials w/o error. When I listen to the PSTN line, I hear no attempt to connect.

Thanks again!

6. Halea

Halea New Member

I've just figured out the reason for which my HT488 didn't call out to PSTN :idea: , see if it works for you. On the FXO tab, all the way down the list check if you have "Enable Current Disconnect" set to "Yes"; if that's the case then increase the value for "If current disconnect enabled, use threshold" from 100 mS to 3000mS.
    I'm now positive that you don't need to dial *00 or anything else. Stick to the 3CX recipe for all the other settings.
    Good luck.
    Halea

7. newlifecc

Still no success here. What version of firmware are you on? I am on
    I still does not sound as if it is picking up the line. Grrrr
    Congradulations on your success! and thanks for your update!

8. Halea

Halea New Member

By the way, is the phone from which you're trying to call out on PSTN attached to the FXS port of HT488? If that's the case, it might be a whole different issue. First, try another extension or port and ensure that you get to call out over HT488's PSTN. The HT488 is a box full of (unpleasant) surprises.
    I have my own saga with HT488, if you read it you'll see what I went through so far. It's not so bad, but I am fuming on the countless hours that I spent troubleshooting the crap :x
    :roll: Halea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.