Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

unable to make outside calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Paddyd, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paddyd

I have 3cx set up which has 3 types of phones connected.
    Cisco wired
    unidata wifi
    Anologue phones via 2 Draytexc ata24's
    The cisco phones work fine, the WiFi phones while not provisioned still work fine
    The problem lies with the anologue phones which are converted via the ATA. All extensions have a simple config with an ext number, user number and auth. we dont make use of BLF or anything like that.

cisco and wifi phones can make outside calls but not the others. To look at the config you would be unable to tell a wifi phone from a Anolgue phone. In the ATA the Proxy address is fine and the ext set up matches the 3CX. The extens register when the ATA is booted and can make internal calls just no external ones. There is one rule for outside calls " Dial 9" and it applies to everyone.

Any ideas folks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you check the 3CX log to see if calls from the ATA's are even reaching 3CX?

My first assumption, although I'm not familiar with the make of ATA you are using, is that there may be an internal dialplan, that requires modification. Most ATA's, that have a dialplan ('I''m thinking the Linksys/Cisco offerings), that come with a default dialplan designed for generic North America dialling, when connected directly to a provider, not a PBX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.