Unable to place outbound calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ahcomputers, Jun 11, 2007.

1. ahcomputers

Testing the 3cx product with the following:
    Polycom SoundPoint 650
    AudoCodes MP-114 FXO VOIP Gateway- for my PSTN lines

I have followed the configuration guides for configuring the VOIP gateway and the Polycom Soundpoint IP 301,404,501 that are located on 3cx site.

I am currently testing with one phone line and one phone, but will roll out all four PSTN lines and about 12 phones when I get it working.

I can receive external calls to the phone, but when I try to dial and outside number I receive a fast busy on the SoundPoint IP650 and the
    server status page in 3cx reports:

17:54:18.384 CallConf::Rejected Call(C:11) is rejected: Not Found
    17:54:18.384 StratInOut::eek:nCancel Call(C:11): Call from Ext.113 to 5551212 terminated; reason: Not Found

So at this point, I don't know if it's a configuration issue w/ the phone, with 3cx, or with the VOIP gateway.

Any help is appreciated.

Ben

2. dyntech

dyntech New Member

Sound like the problem is between 3CX and the Audiocodes. Search the forum for previous topics on Audiocodes. I think you need to register with the Audiocodes as a Proxy not a gateway.

I had an Audiocodes setup at one point with a different PBX but since got rid of it.

There are some .ini files previously posted in this forum.

3. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Support

Hi,

Firstly is that number correct 5551212 ? also can you specify your outbound rule please?

I am assuming this is the number you are dialing on the phone.

4. ahcomputers

For this post, I substituted the 5551212 number in place of my cellular number that I was testing with that begin w/ 319.

Originally my outbound rule had:
    "calls to numbers starting with" w/ 3
    calls from extensions: 100-120
    make outbound calls on VOIP Gateway (AudioCodes Device)
    transform mask of r

I played w/ removing the transfer mask and leaving it blank. I also experimented w/ "calls to numbers starting with" 0 which was setup by the default rule.

My goal for now is to have all calls routed through the VOIP gateway and use my PSTN lines. Later on, I will attempt to add a VOIP provider.

5. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Try to make blank 'calls from extensions' field

6. ahcomputers

Clearing the "Calls from extensions field",
    setting calls to numbers starting with 3,

I see this logged:

16:08:46.709 CallConf::Rejected Call(C:13) is rejected: Not Found
    16:08:46.709 StratInOut::eek:nCancel Call(C:13): Call from Ext.113 to 319xxxx terminated; reason: Not Found
    16:08:46.408 CallConf::eek:nIncoming Call(C:13): Incoming call from Ext.113 to sip:319xxxx@192.168.10.8

I substituted x's for the other numbers in my cell phone.

7. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Did your VOIP Gateway device registered its lines?

8. lioulios

this is not a reply.it is a guestion that has to do withthe subject mentioned.

I cannot understand how the ATA device will switch to PSTN mode in order to make calls since by default it is on Voip mode

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In 3cx you configure both.

PSTN Line (generally as a gateway)
    VoIP Line (generally as a provider)

Than in the outbound rules you specify what prefix is required for what device.

Eg r*0 to route to the PSTN

It does not matter if the PSTN and/or VoIP line go through the same box, aslong the box has the ability to deal with both.

It is actually reasonable configureable.

10. ahcomputers

3cx shows that the extension and the pstn line are both registered. I have a green light for each.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your outbound rule is not working (perhaps).

12. ahcomputers

Do you know what settings I should be using for my outbound rule if I am in the U.S. and for now, I want all of my outbound calls (any phone number I dial) to use my PSTN lines.

I am currently testing w/ one phone line and attempting to call my cell phone which begins w/ 319. I can also test by calling another number that begins w/ 856.

I have assigned my Polycom phone an extension of 113

Currently my rule looks like this:

"Calls to Numbers starting with": 0
    "Calls from extension(s)": 113
    "VOIP Gateway" is selected under "Make outbound calls on" and the drop down lists the VOIP Gateway I created on another screen.

"Transform mask": r

With these settings, I get:
    09:33:19.468 CallConf::eek:nIncoming Call(C:1C): Destination not available for call from sip:113@192.168.10.8 to sip:319xxxx@192.168.10.8
    09:33:19.468 CallConf::Rejected Call(C:1C) is rejected: Destination could not be found
    09:33:19.468 CallConf::eek:nIncoming Call(C:1C): Incoming call from Ext.113 to sip:319xxxx@192.168.10.8