• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Unable to provision Fanvil X4G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Boon

Trainee Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an X4G that I am trying to provision with our hosted 3CX system.

I have followed the Guide here https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/fanvil-x3-x5/ Updated the firmware to the latest 3CX firmware, factory reset, added the phone to the extension with the mac address.

But when I boot up the phone it does not prompt for a password to provision.

I have tried to set the username (extension number ) and password (voicemail pin) manually in the settings but that still does not work.

The phone does pick up the URL for our system server address under Static Provisioning Server in the phone settings but the phone is not visible in the control panel and does not register for the extension.

Any ideas why this might be happening or is there something that I am missing?

Thanks

Hello @Jonathan Boon

From your description i am guessing that you are trying to provision the phone as a STUN extension.
In this case make sure that the option "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN (Remote extensions using Direct SIP or STUN will be blocked)" is unchecked.
Then make sure that your FQDN resolves to the correct IP address so the phone can reach the server.
Make sure that port 5001 is open on you PBX firewall so the phone can download the configuration file. Then reset your phone and try again.

Hi @YiannisH_3CX

Thanks for you response. Sorry I should have been more specific, yes this is a 3CX Hosted system so the devices are connecting as Direct SIP - STUN Remote.

I checked the setting you said and that is ticked by default so I removed the tick for that option, and then reset the phone, however it still does not provision.

We do not have any access to firewall as this is a hosted solution, but would presume that all the correct ports are open.

Do you have any other suggestion as to what might be stopping the phone obtaining the config?

Thanks

Jonathan

Edit the desired extension and make sure that the phone is set to use STUN and that the MAC address is correct. Then click OK and navigate to the Dashboard. Check the event log for the line that says that RPS provisioning request was sent successfully. Then factory reset the phone again and see if the phone asks for a username and password. If it does not try to access the web interface of the phone and go to System / Auto Provision. Expand the static provisioning value and check if the server address is populated with anything.

Thanks yes I have tried that, it still does the same.

Deleted the phone from the extension, added it back in, the mac address is correct. It shows RPS request successful in the dashboard.

Reset the phone and the same, it boots up, displays language selection on the screen, no prompt for username or password, it then reboots and again no prompt for password and does not provision for the extension and not visible in the list of phones.

When it initally boots up it displays 08:00 1 JAN as the date/time it then updates to todays date but the wrong time.

When I check the server address in the static provisioning, it does pick up the correct address of our system.

When I check the server address in the static provisioning, it does pick up the correct address of our system.
Then the phone can contact the RPS server successfully. In order to provision however the phone needs to request the username and password. If the phone does not have the credentials then the provisioning will never happen.
Make sure that the phone is running the supported firmware found here: https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/
and then try the manual method and see if that works:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/manually-provision-fanvil/

Hi @YiannisH,

Thanks for your help with this, I have now solved this, after some advice from our Fanvil supplier.

Under Auto provision there is DHCP Option >> Option Value: Option 66 (this is the default setting)

This needs to be set to disabled in order for the remote provisioning to work.

Setting this to disabled and rebooting the phone then gave the auto provision login prompt, and the device is now provisioned correctly.

Reactions: tecno
Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Reactions: tecno
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.