Solved Unable to provision Yealink W52P using new FXS/DECT screen

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bdarcyevans, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdarcyevans

I'm trying to re-provision my Yealink W52P base stations using the new FXS/DECT method available with SP4 but I'm not having any luck.

I am running version 15.0.60903.0.

Steps I have taken are;
    -Removed W52P base station from extension X's phone provisioning tab (had been provisioned previously using traditional method)
    -Added W52P base station under FXS/DECT menu (copied and pasted MAC directly from W52P base station UI to avoid errors) and assigned extension X to it
    -Factory defaulted W52P base station from W52P base station UI

At this point, I would have expected it to auto provision upon boot given we have the provisioning URL configured in DHCP (and working fine for other Yealink handsets). As it didn't auto provision I manually copied and pasted the provisioning URL into the W52P base station UI (tried with and without the MAC.cfg included in the URL) without success. When I try and browse to the provisioning link nothing is returned (IE returns blank page, Chrome returns HTTP ERROR 500). When I browse to any other provisioning URL (with the MAC.cfg included) I get the option to download the actual provisioning file. I suspect this is where the issue is.

Just to see if this was an issue because these were previously provisioned base stations I created a fictitious W52P using a made up MAC address but unfortunately the same result is returned when I browse to the provisioning link for it.

Just to reiterate, I'm not having any issues provisioning other Yealink handsets through the traditional methods.

Anyone else seeing the same?

2. bdarcyevans

Resolved. When adding as FXS/DECT, don't leave any extensions "Empty" on the Extensions tab otherwise the provisioning file does not generate. Populate them all, no worries!

3. dynamite

Thank you!

4. Blake Thornton

saw this same issue, confused the hell out of me for a while til I found this thread.

Don't know if this is a bug, or not... but it's annoying! Thanks for the tip.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is was an issue with the template but was resolved in SP5. If you are experiencing the same issue please upgrade to SP5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.