Solved Unable to reach 3CX License Activation Server. Pro Edition

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by NickStath, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickStath

Hello,

I am running 3CX version 15.5 on the Debian Linux distribution. I have a current Pro Edition license for 8SC. My primary DNS server is set to 8.8.8.8 and I am not filtering traffic on my firewall. I just did the SP3 update but for some reason, I can not get my system to refresh the license server. The server is already activated but it will not refresh the license. I performed an NS lookup and resolved activation.3cx.com to 151.80.125.88 but still have no success. Suggestions?

Thanks!

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

can you tell me if you see any errors, or why you have the feeling that the information not get refreshed?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NickStath

No error messages in the event log. Also, I restarted the server. I verified I am able to ping other addresses on the web. What happens is when I click on the license information, it attempts to refresh but then times out and gives me "Unable to reach 3CX License Activation Server. Confirm that your Primary DNS Server is able to resolve activation.3cx.com". I verified I have my primary DNS set to 8.8.8.8 and can resolve activation.3cx.com to 151.80.125.88

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

generally our server does not answer to icmp, so this is normal.
    I have done a test on 3 hosts in different networks and I have no issue (tried edit and renew info).
    Do you hae multiple NICs or DNS server? we only use the primary DNS server of the system

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. NickStath

I do have multiple DNS entries but only 1 NIC. I can remove the secondary DNS if you feel that would help?

6. NickStath

Thank you 3CX Support! You guys are awesome! My problem is corrected and my system is talking to the license server again.

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad we were able to help. For anyone that might face the same issue the problem was with the primary DNS server.
    We set 8.8.8.8 as primary and restarted the configuration service of the PBX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.