Solved Unable to reach 3CX Updates server.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vizualpro, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vizualpro

"Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again."

This system is in production, has internet, and working fine; however, I'm not able to check for updates! Ahhh!

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Seems server being overloaded, try it again later.
    I also experienced the problem for sometime.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. florink

I updated 2 pbxs about an hour ago which are hosted in my own Google Cloud account and everything went smoothly. Maybe if you use Google DNS? (8.8.8.8)?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

All instances using only Google DNS. It is not possible to activate 3CX license with another DNS server. There are temporary problems with 3CX upgrade server probably.

5. florink

For me it was (is) ok. Maybe the server is indeed overloaded by everyone trying to update at the same time. Or maybe there is an issue with certain regions. I don't believe they pulled the update as I just updated a local installation that I have at home.

Dashboard shows version 15.5.8801, I assume its the latest

edit: based on the changelog it is.

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes thats the one. For the download issue, we found the source why it happened for some users and of those only some which use downloads.3cx.com as update server.

I would advice to alter the downloads url (in PBX or APT Source) from
    https://downloads.3cx.com/downloads...
    to
    https://downloads-global.3cx.com/downloads...

there the ... stand for what ever was there after shall remain there .

7. DARSFoG

@StefanW that solved the issue for me (NOT OP). Can you elaborate what the issue is? I have a few PBXs as well that seem to be having this issue.

#7 DARSFoG, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  8. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

to get stated try and run for ssh apt-get update apt-get upgrade any messages from the linux box?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.