Unable to receive calls on 3CX extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by xeno, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xeno

Trying to set up an extension for the remote site. Incoming call is getting terminated. Outgoing seemed to be OK fine. Any ideas why? Thanks

09/26/2017 12:16:31 PM - L:23.1[Line:10000<<+XXX] failed to reach HuntGrp:801, reason Not Found
    09/26/2017 12:16:31 PM - Leg L:23.2[Extn:100] is terminated: Cause: 404 Not Found/INVITE from 127.0.0.1:5080
    09/26/2017 12:16:31 PM - Call to T:HuntGrp:801@[Dev:sip:100@192.168.0.2:50195;transport=TCP;rinstance=1-ea3332f9xxxxxx7582ea57d7cbb6b570;ob] from L:23.1[Line:10000<<+XXX] failed, cause: Cause: 404 Not Found/INVITE from 127.0.0.1:5080

2. Archie Frederic

May I ask what should happen on the incoming call?

3. 12494

12494 Member

What is 801/HuntGrp? Is this a Ring Group? Have you tried calling the extension directly?
    What phone are you using?
    What firmware on phone?
    How is remote phone configured? SBC or STUN?
    Have you followed the required configuration steps for your selection of remote setup?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Archie Frederic

As @12494 stated, please do provide us with more information on how the issue occurs. How is the phone provisioned, is it provisioned correctly, does it use the latest firmware? What is the scenario you\re trying to replicate?

Thank you

5. xeno

Sorry it took me so long to get back with more details:

>>May I ask what should happen on the incoming call?
    Ring & user to answer the call. At the moment it doesn't ring and straight goes to the VM/redirect

>>What is 801/HuntGrp? Is this a Ring Group? Have you tried calling the extension directly?
    It is a Ring group. Yes, tried to call directly same problem.

>>What phone are you using?
    Windows softphone, 15.5.3849.1. Configured from the welcome email settings file.

>>please do provide us with more information on how the issue occurs. How is the phone provisioned, is it provisioned correctly, does it use the latest firmware? What is the scenario you\re trying to replicate?

Set up: Twilio SIP trunk - Ring group - Extension with windows softphone

Scenario: When I call DID it goes straight to voicemail or calls mobile. I can see phone registred in the management console. Outgoing calls work fine, but not incoming.

Thanks

6. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @xeno,

Please do check the configuration in your extension's forwarding rules, i guess either under Internal Calls and External Calls you have forward to voicemail and forward to mobile, so check your Ring Time under Extensions(select the extension)>>Forwarding Rules(Internal Calls>>If I do not answer calls within )
    Are your SIP Trunks configured correctly?Make sure you haven't set Office hours under your SIP Trunk or your Inbound rule. If this occurs then it means that you have configured forwarding to voicemail when inside office hours and forwarding to voicemail when outside of office hours.
    I assume that your firewall checker passes without errors, am i correct?

Thank you, i will be waiting for your feedback

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What are you using at the remote site? Simple router, SBC, VPN?

Have the extension register, check the 3CX Activity log. What does the registration look like, does it show a "reachable" IP and port for that extension?

8. Archie Frederic

I just want to confirm this. So you mean you had configured your trunk that once it receive a call it would go directly to the ring group extension?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.