Unable to receive Inbound calls after upgrade to v5

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rralamo, Dec 20, 2007.

1. rralamo

Hello All,
    I have the following issue:
    1. Upgraded from v312434 to v5.3563 and now after about 60 seconds after reboot I can no longer receive inbound calls. Even though it shows green as registered in line status and it states registered in server status
    2. Everything worked just fine under v312434

Configuration
    AMD2ghz, 1gbRam 40gbHD
    WS03EE SP2, Latest updates as of Dec Patch Tuesday
    3 NIC's
    Only One NIC allowed to send or receive VOIP Packets thru Linksys RTP300 router
    3 VOIP Providers, 2 US DID's, 1 UK DID

Troubleshooting Steps
    1. Rolled back to v312434 all works
    2. I can make inbound and outbound calls with no issues, it shows green in Line Status for all my outbound trunks are registered
    3. Server Status shows the trunks as registered.

4. Upgraded again to v5.3563, it shows green in Line Status for all my outbound trunks and are registered in server status.
    5. I can make outbound calls no problem, still unable to receive inbound calls.
    6. Uninstalled v5.3563 rebooted. Reinstalled from scratch and restored previous settings. Still the same, unable to receive inbound calls.
    7. Have gone in and updated VOIP Lines. as a just in case.
    8. In Server Status it shows my trunks as being registered.

To correct the issue: I have to re-register the SIP Trunk lines manually which lasts for about another 60 seconds.
    8. No changes have been made to the firewall.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,
    -fellow 3CX'r

2. silentfun

silentfun Member

you are not alone.

there are some issues since v5 for example if you use a pbx server with a public ip (like me).

i have done a clean istall everything manualy and the external lines sometimes register sometimes not (green / Red ) it sometimes help to start the server or sometimes to just restart the pbx services.

firewall testing on public is not aplicable and it seems you need a succsessfull firewall testing to force the pbx server do register the external line/voipline.

on the green lines i can phone out but no inbound is possible.

internal phoning is ok also if all extensions are extern (because the pbx is outside - thats why he has public ip)

not much posts here since some days - i thing this depends on most of us have a secondary emploiment as santa clause :)

hope we get some fixes in the next days - because i don´t want to step back to v3 to get all the call on xmas - atm i trust in god and that the people that want to reach me call my classic lines and my cellphone.

andy

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Silentfun & rralamo

Yesterday we uploaded build 3752 and we have done tons of VOIP provider testing. On public IPs, behind firewall, with multiple subnets. All of the tests passed. We made some fixes which might effect unsupported providers. The firewall test is independent and does not need to complete - it will not effect performance you can skip it.

Please try this build and mail me at ng at 3cx.com if problems persist. We're i n the dark why you are having these problems,

Please let us know what provider you are using, send us the server status logs and we will review.

4. silentfun

silentfun Member

i will hurry to test

Andy

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Andy,

We checked out your system as per your request - and it appears that you are running our software on Virtuozzo virtualisation software. This software makes substantial changes to the underlying routing and this is not supported in V5.

I know it worked in v3 but network routing was much simpler in V3 - V5 supports much more complex scenarios. For the time being Virtuozzo is not supported....

6. rralamo

Hii Nick,
    I'll give it a try and get back to you on my results.

Thanks
    Rene Alamo

7. silentfun

silentfun Member

Hi Nick,

Robert has found out what the most important problem was (The gateway that was on a other subnet).

After a support request at my hosting provider they have changed this with a self developed Virtuozo template (they work very close with SW software). They heve used this template on my account first time ever and the PBX is the only thing running on that slot so i agreed with possible problems with other functions on the server.

But the result was ok and after 1 hour the V5 3CX was running ok only one line that was red (one and one) after restart have reged after some time now evereything is running fine.

So if there some otheres with this problem i can ask my provider for give me mor info about this change.

The info he have given to me ist that there is a possibility to enable a brigefunktion that give the chance of setup the gateway to the same subnet.

Wish you a merry x-mas and many thx for a great product and excellent support!

Andy