unable to receive incoming calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vlad69uk, Mar 17, 2007.

1. vlad69uk

Hi,
    I've just performed a fres install of RC2, all seemed to go ok.
    I've set up 2 extensions and a hunt group that points to both extensions. I've created an outgoing sip (voipcheap) account which works fine from both extensions. I've also created 1 incoming sip (voipuser.org) account with an incoming DID.

If i connect to voipuser.org with a softphone i can receive incoming calls no problem. The voipuser.org website also tells me what phone i'm connected with.

I then initialise the line with 3cx. the voipuser.org site tells me i'm connected with 3cx, but when i place an inbound call it doesn't reach any extensions even though it is configured to point to extension 100. Also it appears not to ring and i get cut off instantly.

The server logs don't show anything to do with incoming calls. I've also configured a DID in 3xc that uses voipuser.org as the source, and directs calls to the first extension.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Cheers
    Paul

2. albefar

I have same problem

But no solution yet :)

3. vlad69uk

there must be something we're doing wrong, as other people seem to have incoming working ok...... but what are we doing wrong? :)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wild guess (i am not using DID) is there a possibility that you do a bit of port boxing?

So multiple processes trying to use the same SIP or RTC port?

Also what is the duration for your cut off? Is that around 35sec?

5. vlad69uk

not that i'm aware of. i'm using sjphone as the client. Both are behind the firewall, in the same subnet, subject to the same ACL's. SJphone will receive calls no problem. I then quit sjphone, When 3cx is connected, and i place the inbound call, it doesn't even ring, i'd say it's not connecting properly. but i'm not sure where to look.

"Also what is the duration for your cut off? Is that around 35sec?"
    is this a setting in 3cx?

6. albefar

Same here

I have the same. SJPhone (and other) softphone works fine and can recieve incoming calls. 3cX just doesn't.

Even tried uninstalling all the softphones.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are the softphones registered in 3cx? Does 3cX recognises them as being available?

I have not much experience with softphones (simply because I do not like them :)). But if they register in 3cx they should work, if not it can be beacause of:

The famous NAT
    The never failing port issue (multiple proceses attacking same ports) either for SIP and or RTS.

The 35 Sec nope is not a 3cx setting, it is something to do with VoIP(SIP) not 3cx.

Henk.

8. albefar

this is what goes on at my place

Hey

Scenario A.
    Grandstream adapter is connected to a VOIP Provider through a NAT ADSL connection. Works perfectly.

Scenario B.
    3cx is connected to VOIP Provider through a NAT ADSL Connection.
    Softphone is connected to 3cx and can call out through 3cx-->Voip provider without any problems.
    3cx is registered with the VOIP Provider as being functional.

When calling the PSTN number --> Voip provider --> 3cx it never gets registered in the 3cx (nothing in the log-file).

No NAT-information in the ADSL-router regarding the Grandstream adapter (DHCP IP given to the adapter).
    No Firewall in the ADSL-router.

Regards

Jacob

9. albefar

oh - and.

Softphone is running on a computer seperate from the 3cx-computer.
    Different machines, different IPs.

10. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

Hi!

Firstly make sure you are using a STUN server if you are behind NAT. Confirm that the STUN resolves, and it is logged in the status monitor. This way the PBX can supply the correct IP address to send invites to (to the Provider).

Secondly make sure UDP port 5060 is going to forward to the PBX. When an invite hits the public interface the router will forward it correctly.

Thirdly check Server Status page to see if the PBX actualy sees the incoming invite.

If things still look bleak try a quick test behind a different firewall (if possible) untill you get familiar with the setup.

11. albefar

1. Stun resolves fine:

2. PortQRY says that a query to the external IP doesn't respond - HOWEVER ... the SJPhone recieves incoming calls just fine. It is only the 3cx that doesn't. Not quite sure why that is.

3. "Thirdly check Server Status page to see if the PBX actualy sees the incoming invite. "
    It doesn't - nothing in the logfile.

I will try to go through all NAT once more - however it seems strange that SJPhone can, but 3cx can't (?)

12. pip-k

I'm having a similar problem. If I uncheck allow outbound calls on this line it works.

Philip

13. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Hi,

Please, describe your advanced options for that provider.

14. albefar

Picture

[/quote]

I believe you mean the advanced options in 3cx right ?

You can see the options on the following:

http://www.jacobalbers.dk/pic1.jpg
    http://www.jacobalbers.dk/pic2.jpg

Thank you very much for helping !

Regards
    Jacob
    [/img]

15. parkley

Strange registration towards VOIP provider

Hi.

My PBX registers with the following info:
    213.67.173.219;rinstance=9c1ce727bd08bf75

I can make outbound calls but not receive inbound. The call doesn't even reach my external IP.

I haven't seen ;rinstance=9c1ce727bd08bf75 before. Could that cause an issue? How can I get rid of it?

BTW: Asterisk works fine towards the same provider.

Rgds

Patrick Arkley
    http://www.say-no.se

16. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

No, rinstance tag can not cause this issue.

17. albefar

Did I do something wrong in the advanced options ?

Regards

18. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

No, your settings looks correct. Does this line get registered against provider? Does it have green lighht in line monitor?

19. albefar

Yes - it says "registered - idle" and has a green light.

20. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

This means, that you've been successfully registered on Broadvoice. If you can not make inbound call after that - than it means that your NAT mapping for ip:port used in registration has expired before refreshing of registration. Try to make registration refresh interval shorter, let's say 5-10 minutes.