Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Unable to register from outside local LAN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by daver56, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daver56

I have the free version of 3CX (for testing) ver 10, and to test, I am using 3CX forIPhone and 3CX VOIP Phone. On the local LAN everything works fine. When outside the local LAN I use the External Server option and enter the URL that points to my home DSL where the 3CX system resides. I have verified that the URL is correct and is pointing to my public IP, I have opened ports 5060, 5090, and 9000-9009 9000-9009 is setup in server also). The ports have been verified as open by using an external port status tool. The IPhone app and 3CX VOIP Phone will not register when away from the LAN. I get a authentication failure. I check the logs in the 3CX server and it shows "Credentials don't match, Check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings". These are the same credentials that I am using when on the local LAN. Can anyone give me any help on how to fix this issue. I feel there must be something simple I am missing.

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi,

Open the extension that you wish to be able to connect remotely and click the other tab

Make sure the box “Disallow use of extension outside the LAN” is not ticked

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. daver56

David,

Thanks for the info. I thought I had checked all the settings looking for something like that. I am registering my external extensions now. Got a few more issues to work through, but that helps alot. Thanks again

Dave

4. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

No Worries

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.