Unable to register FWD VOIP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fischershaw, Jan 7, 2007.

1. fischershaw

I looked search the forum and looked at all the posts regarding inability to register with a VOIP. There are several, and not one is answered. I have the same problem. Am I, and everyone else, doing something wrong? Does this actually function in the latest build? FWDCommunicator has no problem registering.

Server Status:

16:08:11.056 Registrar::eek:nFailure: Registration failure: <sip:[my#]@192.168.1.1> for sip:10000@192.168.1.1
    16:07:56.602 LineImpl::update: Line: register line [my#]

The IP address in the log is the address of the host machine, and the app indeed never sends any packets out the NIC. It appears to think the provider is on the same machine. This is the same problem people have listed in other posts. If I am doing something incorrect then please let me know what it would be, and update your documentation so that others do not have the same problem.

VOIP Settings:

Name = Free World Dialup
    Proxy = fwd.pulver.com
    Port = 5060
    Registrar = fwd.pulver.com
    Port = 5060
    Time = 3600
    Stun = stun.fwdnet.net
    Port = 3478

External Number = <my fwd number, although it says PSTN number>
    Internal Number = 1000
    Outbound = checked
    Inbound = checked
    Answer after = 0
    ID = <my fwd number, because that is how one logs in>
    Password = <my fwd password>

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Yes, 3CX works fine with many VOIP providers. We dont guarantuee it to work with any VOIP provider - since not all of them adhere to the standards and some of them do things in "different ways".

So it could very well be that this particular VOIP provider does not work with 3Cx, in that case use one of the supported VOIP providers.

3. fischershaw

I can certainly accept that, but why would the machine not even try to send any packets at all? I refer back to my original post above, in which I looked at the network traffic. Nothing was sent by this app out the NIC at all. So it did not even try to connect.

Is it significant that the log shows that the app was trying to register with itself as the VOIP? I.e., 192.168.1.1 is the IP address of the 3cx machine itself. This is the same problem reported in other posts.

4. fischershaw

I modified the Internal Number field for this, in hopes that it would possibly be related to the D-Link DIV-140 problem. This prompted 3CX to actually request DNS resolution of fwd.pulver.com. But that is as far as it got. It never subsequently tried to register at all.

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

FWD voip provider

We are just about to finalize a new beta with a completely revamped VOIP provider module, allowing us to better troulbeshoot and support more VOIP providers. If possible, i would like to suggest to wait for the release of this beta (hopefully next week) and then we can work on whats happening based on the new version?

Thanks for your patience

6. fischershaw

Cerainly. I don't give up that easily.