Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Unable to Register Grandstream 4108

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cknott2243, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cknott2243

Hello,

I am new newbie with all of SIP and 3CX but have got the server running for the most part with external SIP trunk providers, etc. Unfortunately I am not 100% happy with the quality at all times so want to connect my PSTN lines via a Grandstream 4108 FXO gateway.

I have read the setup info from 3CX on this and followed everything step by step but for some reason I am not able to register the line.

Currently I am connected to the WAN port with one PSTN number. I create the PSTN GW in 3CX, specify the line information and for the port identification I place the actual external number.

I then go back to the FXO GW and specify the channel info given by 3CX. I then set the profile to point to the 3CX server.

It would seem to be straight forward but it still does not register and the odd part is I see nothing in the server activity log. When I turn on debug and trace logs I do see a little bit of log information in the trace log but nothing showing any problem (that I can tell), Its below.

10:30:22.374|.\RegistrarDB.cpp(346)|Debug2||RegistrarDB::findContId:Look for contact: sip:10002@10.0.0.9:5060
    10:30:22.374|.\DevsMgr.cpp(21)|Trace5||Device::Device:Created device (481451142): aor=<sip:10002@3cx.icewarp.com:5060>; cont=sip:10002@10.0.0.9:5060
    10:30:22.374|.\Line.cpp(75)|Trace5||LineCfg::updatePredicate:Line 10002 has been updated from DB
    10:30:22.374|.\Line.cpp(600)|Debug2||LineCfg::notifyPresence:Issue: [pres:10002;1;reg;32]
    10:30:22.374|.\Registrar.cpp(38)|Trace5|Registrar|ServRegs::Load:Loading Contact records from DB

This is the only thing I see in any log that even shows a connection attempt for anything related to the PSTN GW. My other SIP trunks are connecting and registering properly so I am at a loss for what might be the problem. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Chris

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm wondering , what's going on here? Are the gateway and 3CX not on the same network? Why the URL?

3. cknott2243

I am not sure, they are on the same network. I noticed that as well, but on the same line it then shows 10.0.0.9 which is the internal IP. I am stumped on this one.

4. cknott2243

I am still caught in the wind on this. Is there any experienced 3CX members that can offer any insight? It would seem so easy but as I said, there is barely any logging on the 3CX side that shows if there is a problem or why it won't register. Any ideas would be helpful at this point. I might have to scrap this and go back to Asterisk where the gateway works fine, this is what is so bizarre to me.

Thanks.

5. paul1

You say you are connected to the WAN port with one PSTN number. Do you have the device plugged in to the network with the WAN port? You should be able to ping it. (In other words, The Ethernet cable should be in the WAN port.)

Sorry If I misunderstand your setup.

6. cknott2243

Yeah, the GW itself seems to be fine, it is really only an issue with the number registering. I can ping, connect, etc. to the Gateway and the Ethernet is connected to the WAN port.

I am stumped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.