• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Unable to register the extension (407 Proxy authentication)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahim

Reaction score
We have installed 3CX application in Windows Server 2003 and we have assigned a public ip address to it.

I cannot register any IPPhones to the Server. But the softphones can be registered to the Server. Such as 3CX softphone and XLite.

But the IPPhones are not registering to the server. We have enable all the ports in our firewall. But still they are not registering.

We used Wireshark capturing tool to capture the packets and it says "407 Proxy authentication required".

I have attached the wireshark file. Please see to it.

Can you help me to solve this problem?

Please reply

Re: Unable to register the extension (407 Proxy authenticati

Have a look at this 3CX Blog post

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

Look at the manual provisioning links for some of the supported phones to get an idea of what to try.

It sounds like you are not providing the correct authentication details in the phone configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.