• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Unable to register voip line

Status
Not open for further replies.

jparisi

Reaction score
I'm trying to set up a stanaphone line that worked in V3 but for some reason now will not even attempt to register. I see nothing in the log that 3cx is even trying to register this line.

This was a problem in the V4 beta and the v5 beta and I raised it before with no solution. But this is the lates build of V5 on a server that has been completly wiped, new OS install, fresh 3cx install, complete by-hand reconfiguration of 3cx and still nothing in the log screen about it even attempting to try to register this line.

give it a night - i have sometimes the same on one and one line that it takes some more time to register. when it is registered it is ok.

if that don´t work you have to tell us some more about cour config.

Andy

I gave it the night, more than one, still nothing.

The thing that gets me is I see no attempt to even try to register the line on the server status page. Is there some other place to look or way to force it?

STUN should be able to resolve external address mapping prior to registration of VoIP line.

STUN doesn't seem to be working for me, it keeps timing out. I tried several different STUN servers.

All I get, over and over:
21:00:31.109 StunClient::eek:nTestTout [CM506004]: STUN request to STUN server 64.69.76.23 has timed out; used Transport: 172.20.0.6:5060

Also, I set the option for the external IP in the registration settings for the line, shouldn't this override STUN?

Did you run the firewall checker? Did it pass? Is your port 3478 open for the stun request? All this should be working and the firewall checker should pass

The firewall test passed with warnings. The port number was changed but the message said that it should not be a problem. The STUn port is open outgoing, do I have to open it for incoming as well?

But if I assign an IP to the connection shouldn't this not matter?

No, you can not assign IP to the connection in V5. You may try to use internal IP for registration, though.

I tried the internal IP option as well just to see if I got an error but there ware still no attempt to register the line.

So the box in V5 to assign an IP is not used?

jparisi said:
I tried the internal IP option as well just to see if I got an error but there ware still no attempt to register the line.

You can try to force re-registration using 'Register the Line' buttin at line settings page.

jparisi said:
So the box in V5 to assign an IP is not used?

No, as far as I remember.
We will review all the code related to VoIP lines registrations and come up with update wich addresses most issues known by the moment. Mid of January for this update sounds realistic for me.

I chenged it to use the local IP and click the re-register button, still nothing. No indication it even wants to try to register the line.

Please, check if the line is allowed to make inbound/outbound calls ('Other options' of line settings page) and if provider requires registration (provider's settings page, 'Registration settings' section)

The provider was set to register for both incoming and outgoing calls.

The Line was set just to allow incoming calls, I switched it to both and clicked to re-register but still nothing.

Strange, I see no reason for such behaviour. Has it been working under V3.1? What exactly version are you using now? Also, I can check that provider after holidays (2nd of January), so you can tell me provider's name.

Yes, it was working in V3. We did an in-place upgrade to V5 and it stopped working.

We also backed up the setting, un-installed and re-installed V5 and did a restore.

Last ditch effort lasst week we wiped the box, installed Windows server 2k3, installed the latest 3cx, 5.0.3752, set everything up from scratch just in case the settings backup got corrupt and still nothing.

Just for kicks, I changed the domain name for their server to a bogus one and now I can see errors in the log screen. It must be doing something behind the scenes and just not saying anything.

As a followup, I changed the server name to the correct one but changed the account for the line to a bogus one and now I get nothing in the log again.

Archie,

Would you be able to look into this now? It's still not working.

FYI,

Started working again in the latest 3790 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.