unable to reinstall v11 after windows update

Discussion in 'Windows' started by KenC, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenC

windows updated automatically on my W8 machine yesterday. I was then unable to log onto the windows 3cx administrator interface; my password was not recognized. In the past this responded to a reinstall. So I tried to reinstall v11 from download. Could not complete the installation as the Configuration wouldn't proceed b/o database server not started. manually started the database server, then the configuration service wouldn't go on.

Very frustrating. Need help. Thanks.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Can you provide more information on what update(s) was/were applied to Windows 8. If this is something that affects 3CX users other than yourself, then 3CX is going to have to do some testing and attempt to re-create. Having the update number would help.

3. KenC

Problem solved.

The installer first uninstalls the previous installation, but unfortunately doesn't complete the process. Traces left prevent the installer from completing the re-installation.

Fixed by manually cleaning up leftover files and emptying the temp folder after using the uninstaller and before reinstallation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.