Unable to remove MAC address from Snom Redirection Service

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by User123, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User123

I seem to be in a catch 22 situation here.

We have quite a few Snom d765 phones. Through 3CX v15 I provision the extensions and enter the MAC addresses. This should then autoprovision the phones using the Snom redirection service. However the URL that appears in the telephone settings is incorrect.

upload_2017-9-8_10-6-31.png
    In the greyed out box it appears as:

https://XXXXXXXX.3cx.co.uk:5001/rps/cfg{mac}

But in 3cx v15 on the provisioning tab for the extension it says it should be:

https://XXXXXXXX.3cx.co.uk:5001/provisioning/5nihurlp0jqn6a/cfg{mac}

I contacted Snom directly and they removed one of the MAC addresses from the redirection service. This made me able to enter the correct Setting URL on one of the phones and everything then worked as it should.

Snom will not remove any more MAC addresses for me. They say I have to contact 3CX to do this.

I emailed the info@3CX.co.uk email address yesterday explaining this and including the email chain with Snom. I am yet to receive a reply.

This morning I contacted the telephone number for the UK office and spoke to Winston. He says 3CX are unable to help unless I pay a support contract or contact my reseller who will then send it on to the technical department. They will not transfer me through. I have contacted my reseller this morning and am waiting a response.

It looks like I can't go any further without paying additional money, which is unacceptable when the licence for 3CX costs so much.

It looks to me like 3CX is sending the URLs to the redirection service formatted incorrectly.

I think 3cx and Snom should make it easier to get your MAC address removed from this service. What if we sell the phones on, etc.? The next person is going to have the same difficulty.

2. User123

This is from the email Snom sent me:

upload_2017-9-8_10-19-32.png

3. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @User123 ,

at the point where the link in the phone settings is https://XXXXXXXX.3cx.co.uk:5001/rps/cfg{mac} you should get a prompt on the phone it self to enter the username and password for the extension. After this is done, the phone will restart and get the configuration. If you go into the phones settings after it has restarted, the link should look like the one in the Phone Provisioning tab.

Hope this helps.

4. User123

Ok. This has worked thanks. Interesting that no one at Snom could shed any light on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.