Unable to reset / reprovision phones connected via SBC

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bspoh, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bspoh

Is it normal that once the phone is connected via SBC, we will not be able to reset / reprovision the phone using 3CX Web Interface ? Note that I'm able to reset phones connected via STUN.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @bspoh
    if the phones were provisioned via SBC using plug and play then you should be able to reset and reprovision the phones.

3. bspoh

Hi,
    I was able to remotely reset and reprovision the phones when on 3CX14. Then we added in a 3CX15 SBC in the office and i changed the extention reprovisioning information from STUN to SBC and did a reset & reprovision on some phones to connect via SBC.

After that, we upgraded to 3CX15. This is when i noticed i can't reset & reprovision those phones that we have changed to use SBC.

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Try the following on one phone and let us know if that works, reset a phone that is behind the SBC to factory settings and see if it appears in the management console. If it does assign it to the extension. Then try to reset or reprovision it.
    Keep us updated

5. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

The SBC in v15 is working well, but when we use a custom template and manually provision we can't re-provision the phones from the console anymore. Is there a way to get this to work?

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

You can only re-provision the phones that were provisioned using PnP and use the default template. If you used a custom template and manually provisioned the phones then you can not re-provision them through SBC. 3CX Pbx will only "trust" devices the were provisioned using PnP and are using the default template.

7. rks

rks

Hi bspoh any update on this? I have the same problem.

8. Smbnet

Hi,

It would be really nice to be able to reprovision phones with custom templates via the SBC. What if you just want to VLAN the phone, that is only one small change to the template.

What are your options for VLANing a phone and reprovisioning behind a 3CX SBC?

Thanks

9. technigogo

Yiannis, What??

So let me make sure I understand you correctly. If I have an office of 150 phones and they require special programming within the template, I have to manually click the autoprovision within each phone or reboot them to to get the new provisioning to take effect??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. bspoh

After you upgrade to 3cx15, auto provision will not work for phones that was changed to use SBC while on 3cx14. We ended up calling each user to do a factory reset on their phone. Once that's done, the SBC will pick it up as a new phone and it will automatically pick up the correct provisioning profiles ( assuming the MAC address and everything else is set properly previously ). Painful but it's a one-time exercise.

11. Ronald Leenders

But still not working with custom templates. In v14 no problem. In v15 over SBC you cannot re-provision. So every change in config to phone or BLF requires a manual reprovision. Very disappointing!

12. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

We reported the same issue to 3CX some time ago, which is why they have a survey about "favorite features". See https://www.3cx.com/blog/news/ip-phone-configuration-features/

3CX wants to avoid custom templates. I understand, but I wish they would at least allow it with an SBC setup - even if they don't "support" it.

We also want the SBC to be an "object", rather than a fixed IP address, so that when the SBC checks in the IP address is populated and phones can be completely setup when shipped. Currently, we must wait for the SBC to report, get the IP address, and then setup the phones. I suppose we could find a static IP and set that up on the SBC when shipped, but we wanted to stay with DHCP to avoid future network change support issues. (We do make sure DHCP scopes are 8 days or more, and not just 24 hours - that is horrible...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.