Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Unable to restore backup on installation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vascon, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vascon

Hello Support, kindly assist me with this challenge. I backed up my 3cx phone system and downloaded it to my mac PC. I think it was auto unzipped, thus i can't restore it anymore. i tried zipping it with a file zipper, but yet i could not restore it.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you talking about restoring a backup file that 3CX has created, or, doing a backup of the entire PBX installation yourself, then trying to restore on another computer? It's not clear as to what you are trying to do.

3. vascon

yes i am doing a migration.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is this using the same version, upgrading? You need to provide a bit more information. Are there error messages when you attempt to do the restore? The backup files do not need to be un-zipped, the should be applied as is. If a licence is involved then there will be issues because of a new MAC of the NIC on the new machine.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Mac's auto unzip generally... but where is your SAFE copy? The copy on a USB Drive tucked away in a locked cabinet while doing a migration?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. vascon

i have the unzipped backup folder i backed up..i have challenge of the particular zip format the 3cx accepts, because i tried zipping it with 7-zip but it on restoration, i encountered an error. i just want to know what exact zip format does 3cx accept.

7. vascon

Hello support, kindly help me out on this, as it is delaying our operations..please

8. agp

agp 3CX Team

Hi @vascon ,

I don't believe that the problem is with the ZIP format. What error are you getting? When you open the Zip file do you see something similar to this?:

folder_zip.jpg
    Maybe you zipped the parent folder which contains these folders and not the folders directly? Can you confirm that the content is not corrupted?

9. vascon

Hi @agp exactly, those are the content of the folder. None of them is corrupt, i have confirmed it. The challenge is it was unzipped automatically after download by my mac system. Now if i zip it back, it is not acceptable by the 3cx phone system during installation.

10. agp

agp 3CX Team

Is there the option to copy the files over to a Windows machine and zip them?

Also, what exactly is the error you are getting? That the file is not a ZIP?

11. vascon

I zipped file with windows 7-zip, but it unloading it to 3cx during installation, it gives me "file not supported"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.