Unable to retrieve contacts created on 3cx using cisco spa 502G phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mropoku, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mropoku

I am unable to retrieve contacts created on 3CX phone system using cisco spa 502G phone. the phones have been properly provisioned and working okay.
    Cisco spa 502G firmware version 7.6.1. Am using 3cx V15.5. Some assistance and guide will be much appreciated

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @mropoku

Please note that since the phone was correctly provisioned the phonebook should have been retrieved as well as it is retrieved during provisioning.
    With that in mind, are the phones local to the PBX? Are the phones provisioned using the guide or are manually configured?
    If you click on the dir button on the phone and navigate to 3CX phone book, is that empty?

3. mropoku

If i click on the dir button on the phone and navigate to 3CX phone book, is says "Request failed"
    The phones are local to the PBX, they are provisioned using the guide.
    Note that when i open the xml file (cisco_phonebook) in the 3CX installed directory, the contacts are there. Could it be because the contacts are many?

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

then you have to many contacts. Sorry but Cisco SPA phones can only deal with phone books up to a size X, 1 byte over and the request fails. For a test, can you just leave 1 contact and request it.

I can not recall 100% anymore what the FILEsize max was 1024b or 512b

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.