Unable to show number from outside

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ToonDc, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToonDc

Hi,

I have a problem when I call from a outside number I can't see the number on my internal phones.
    So if i somebody call's us I see the number 10000 (my pstn-gateway port) if i miss the call i'm unable to call the person back becouse he redials to the number 10000, how can I resolve this.
    Phone: Linksys IP phone SPA922
    Gateway: Linksys SPA3102-eu
    3CX version 7

Toon

2. ec268

Do your PSTN line(s) carry caller number display?

3. voipbaennjer

I face the same problem with the SPA3102eu. Caller id does not work 100%. On some calls I see the number on the other calls I can only see the line 10006. I tried all settings but had no success. Newest firmware is installed on the SPA...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not sure about the 3102eu but In North America, one option you have to watch is the PSTN answer delay, I think that's what it's called... it can't be set below 3 (seconds). Caller Id (Bellcore standard) is sent between the first and second ring, if the 3102, or anything else answers too soon you won't get the CID data.

5. voipbaennjer

That's right but even with a higher value, say 5 or 6 sec., I couldn't get it to work 100%. Same issue for GXW-4104. Now I use Fritzbox7170. German product, optimized for german conditions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ec268

Just find in my country, CID may appear more than 2 rings, terrible ......

7. wzaatar

There are many aspects to consider for the CID.

- CallerID scheme (obiviously the NA or DTMF/ETSI kinds).
    - RX levels.
    - CID Seizure and mark bits.

Some of the gateways or ATAs don't work out of the box and need some tweaking. I'd suggest you check the country and even state where you are installing the device. Sometimes modifying the RX level increases the resolution accuracy.

My 2 cents.

W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.