Unable to turn off DND

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Icecoolz, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icecoolz

Hi,
    We are using 3cx v15.5 with Cisco SPA 504G phones. The phones had been working fine with the previous version we used, that is v12.5 but ever since the upgrade DND feature doesn't get turned off in some of these phones.
    When we press DND, it dials *32 and informs that "out of office is set", but when we try to turn off the feature by pressing DND again, it doesn't dial *30 instead if dials *32 and plays the same message back again.

Has anyone encountered the same issue?
    Is there any fix for the issue?

Thankyou.

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

There is some confusion about DND.
    3CX renamed forwarding profile 'Out of office' to 'DND' some time ago. This profile is activated by dialing '*32' or selecting it into 3CX softphone. The 'Available' profile is activated by dialing '*30'.
    The hardware button DND found in most phones repsondes with 'busy' reply to call invites, i.e. sends busy signal. This can be activated at PBX level by dialing '*60' (deactivated by '*61').
    In some phones provisioning templates the button DND is not sending 'BUSY', but activates 'DND' forwarding template. This seems has happened with your SPA phone. May be you can edit the provisioning template and leave the 'DND' button to factory default (it will send 'BUSY', when toggled).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Icecoolz

@sip.bg If the phone is able to dial *32 and put itself in "out of office" status, when I press DND button, it should ideally be able to dial *30 and make itself available when I press the DND button again. Correct?
    That is what isnt happening. It dials *32 when I press DND, but when I press DND again, it still dials *32 instead of *30

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Theoretically yes, but this is not a supported phone.
    Even so, I doubt this is possible, the button is type toggle, not possible to dial different codes alternatively (*30 and *32). If you need them, you may program them on two of the available line keys.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Icecoolz

It is working on most of the phones here..just a few of them have the issue.
    Almost all the phones dial *32 when pressed DND, and *30 when DND is pressed again. it is some of thes phones that doesnt dial *30!

6. Icecoolz

@sip.bg how do I program DND on 2 different lines?
    And once I re provision these phones, I will have to programme them again. Wont I?

7. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Probably depends on phone model and whether 3CX can provision the phone in this way.

8. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You may program quick dial of '*30' on one of the buttons (for available status) and *32 on another (for DND status). This is different from programming DND button.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.