Unable to use DTMF?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dbarney, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbarney

Hello Everyone,

When we call a phone number that requests us to dial an extension, or something along this line, when we press a button on the phone, the recipient phone system does not receive the pressed key.

I spoke with Inphonex, and they said that it is not on there side. We have tried this on a polycom 5xx series phone. Does aynone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Thanks.

2. tekknow

Did you ask inphonex what DTMF they support?

There are three types

1) Inband , works only with g711u or G711a
    2) out if Band RFC2833 otherwise known as AVT
    3) out of Band Info

You need to support the format that Inphonex uses all the way through the chain as I do not know if 3cx translates DTMF

I do not see DTMF options in 3cx so I ASSUME that it passes whatever you send.

3. dbarney

From Inphonex:
    Now interestingly enough, the client we are testing 3cx with, said about a week later DTMF worked. The 3cx system had no change made, nor was it restarted. Though Inphonex makes no claim to them being the problem.

4. warever

Funny, I'm also using InPhonex and DTMF just plain doesn't work. I'm considering telling them to go to hell and refund my "deposit" (which they managed to double-charge). They've been no help whatsoever. 3CX support said I could try upgrading to the latest 6.1 release which supposedly fixes a few DTMF issues. I'm going to try that and see - but at this point, I simply can't use the InPhonex trunks (and am using POTS lines and Vonage lines delivered as POTS going through gateways).

5. worksighted

worksighted New Member

In my experience, the VoIP provider will require you to send DTMF tones either inband or out of band. There is typically a setting available on your phones that tell them to send DTMF tones in band or out of band. You need to make sure this matches what the provider is expecting or you will experience the behavior you are describing.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.