Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Unanswered call does not disconnect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by WiVM, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WiVM

Hello,

I have just installed a SP3102 VoIP router together with 3CX. I have also configured a digital receptionist with a language selection. Depending on the select 1-2-3 the call is forwarded to a different internal extension. The incoming landline is set to go to the digital receptionist extension when a calls come in.

When I now make a voice call from my mobile phone to the landline (which is connected to the VoIP router and linked to a digital receptionist), I can make the selection in the digital receptionist, and the call is correctly transfered to the correct extension, but when I hang up my mobile (without picking up the phone internally) to terminate the test, the incoming PSTN line stay 'Connected' in 3CX.

Even when I reset my VoIP router is stays connected. When I call my landline again, I get the busy tone. The only solution to this is to restart all 3CX services.

What can be the reason for this and how can I resolve this?

Thank you!

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

The call clearly is not hanging up from the 3102 back to the landline. When you clear the call, the landline should send back a CPC signal (disconnection for only say 100ms) to tell the equipment to disconnect the call. In addition, a tone can be sent back through the landline to show that the call is cleared. I am not sure where you are from, so cannot tell you exactly what the parameters should be.

The 3102 has no way of knowing about disconnecting the call unless the CPC or tone signal is used. The call is therefore held up as the loop stays on the line. Eventually it will release. Some administrations use polarity reversal - particularly if it is a business line.

I hope that will help.
    Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WiVM

Hello,

I am from Belgium. It is a standard PTSN line.

I have used the first part of this procedure: http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

4. WiVM

This post solved my issue too: http://forum.voxilla.com/cisco-linksys-sipura-voip-support-forum/disconnect-tone-belgium-16720.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.