• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Unattended Blind Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobin3

Reaction score
Is there a way to allow an outside caller to do Unattended Blind Transfer within 3CX, that is to dial an outside line themselves?

When outside of the office, I wish to make long distance toll calls by dialing locally to my pbx.

I understand this is done with ## transfer in AsterisK PBX.

Also, I understand a FXS to FXO converter could be purchased using two 3cx extension lines but that is a messy and costly way to do it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide...

Are you sure you want to do this?
If you can do it, so can anybody else.
Dial-thru is big business for fraudsters.

What you are asking for is a DISA port. There has been a bit of discussion in the past about this feature,or the lack thereof. It seems that it isn't used much outside of North America and, with the security concerns it presents, hasn't been a priority.

If you can get into voicemail and access the options, you can place an outside call by going through the menus.
The best way to implement a feature similar to what you are asking for, in my opinion, would be to allow callers to access (listen to) their voicemail by getting through to their own extension from the outside, press a key (# or *) during the outgoing greeting, be asked for their PIN code (3 attempt limit), and then have access to the messages and all of the menus. Which would then give you a way to dial back out again. Perhaps enabling this on a per extension basis as needed.

Make a Digital Receptionist with the Options >
*Press 1 to go the Voice Mail* for example...

Now just call from the outside to your PBX
Go to your DR
Press 1 and go to your Voice Mail
Enter your Pin
Option 9
Then Option 3

Now happily enter the number you want to call including the prefix of the Outbound Line you want to use.

I have added another DR with 1 going to a VM however when testing I cannot seem get to a fresh dial tone.

I have tried pressing # and * during the VM greeting.

I have tried going to VM though my normal means (pressing 999), entering my pin number, pressing 9 form more options but there are no options to make another call.

According to the prompt, here are my VM options:
Play messages press *, Delete all red messages press 4, Change your self identification messages press 5, Play mailbox information press 6, Change pin number press 7, Change greeting message press 8, Repeat this prompt press 9, To exit press #

I have tried pressing option 3 but it just hangs and apparently won't take another outgoing call.
Pressing # gives a "Good By" then hangs up.
I seem to get the same result when dialing from an outside line or within an extension.

My version is 5. Will a later version perhaps give me the ability to do unattended blind transfer?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

tobin3 said:
I have added another DR with 1 going to a VM however when testing I cannot seem get to a fresh dial tone.

I have tried pressing # and * during the VM greeting.

I have tried going to VM though my normal means (pressing 999), entering my pin number, pressing 9 form more options but there are no options to make another call.

According to the prompt, here are my VM options:
Play messages press *, Delete all red messages press 4, Change your self identification messages press 5, Play mailbox information press 6, Change pin number press 7, Change greeting message press 8, Repeat this prompt press 9, To exit press #

I have tried pressing option 3 but it just hangs and apparently won't take another outgoing call.
Pressing # gives a "Good By" then hangs up.
I seem to get the same result when dialing from an outside line or within an extension.

My version is 5. Will a later version perhaps give me the ability to do unattended blind transfer?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Now you gave me a scare there, i thought you said "Version 5"
That "thing" is very old, you should try again with Version 8 where it will surely work.

Get it from here: http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/download-links/
And just follow the instructions i gave you above again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.