Unclear on setup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cfive, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfive

cfive Member

Hi,

I can't seem to locate steps to add additional skype accounts. I can get as far as installing the master account, but not sure how to proceed from there.

Do I add more PSTN devices (skype gateway's) for the additional accounts, or add the accounts via the Skype Gateway gui? Or, if you could point me to a "what's next" document - what comes after installing the master account - that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cfive

cfive Member

I think I muddled through it ;-).

I have a master, and 4 slave accounts. I can dial a skype user from an extension (3cx phone). The management console and gateway all seem to light up correctly, but the remote skype user never rings.

Coming back the other way, the remote skype user can dial the master, the call is routed to a slave, an extension rings, but as soon as I answer it the call ends. If I click v-mail, I get a message on the remote skype "contact can only receive IMs", and the call drops.

I'll keep muddling, but if there are any tips out there I'd gladly accept them :).

Thanks - Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cfive

cfive Member

I think it works.

I was logged onto the 3cx server via RDP. Apparently the sound devices don't work and Skype doesn't like that. Logging on to the console did the trick.

Not sure whether I'll need to leave a user logged on or not - I'll try a few things.

Thanks - Les.

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello Les,

just a small hint, set the RDP SETTINGS TO play sound on remote computer and u can connect to the pc also via rdp and configure it.
    I guess its also in the long documentation of the 3cx skype gateway.

enjoy
    stefan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.