Uncomfortable delay in voice conversations

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by slm72, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slm72

New 3CX customer, have a 16 channel system running on a dedicated dell PC Dual Core XP box with 3 GB of ram we are running version 8.0.9941.549. We are experiencing an unnatural delay in our conversations. There is even a delay in our calls from one extension to another, I would estimate that the delay is approximately 1 second. For example if I call someone and say 'hello' it takes about one second to get to that person. Strange enough I think there is minimal delay when the outside person speaks inbound to us?? We seem to step on top of each other when talking. We are using Grand Stream GXP-2000 phones. Any pointers or help is greatly appreciated.

2. slm72

**UPDATE**
    We use Cbeyond as our SIP gateway, I had also installed a Skype gateway and today I noticed that calls from Skype have no noticeable delay. Could my problem be with Cbeyond???

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

For internal calls....

You could try changing the settings (per line basis) for PBX delivers audio. If this is turned off then audio packets go directly between sets bypassing 3CX. If this makes a big difference then you have to start looking at either the network (router/switch) or the PC running 3Cx to see why it would introduce such a delay. Are you using a HUB?

4. jelliott52

Along with Matt and leejor's post

-run wireshark
    -look at the log files on the switch

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.