• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Unexpected call terminations with outbound numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcomb

Reaction score
Hallo

I was happily testing my first 3CX system as PBX for our small IT company but I am facing an issue that is very annoying and I don't know really what I could do to fix it.

What it is happing here is that when I am doing phone calls to/from an outbound number the line fall very easy.. after 1-2 minutes.
sometimes mor often.
Looking at the log, it seems I am getting a BYE, but it is not true.. nobody shut down the line

I am suing an old PC as server, Could be a lack of resources? the CPU to slow? is Intel P3 863 Mhz and ONLY 128 MB RAM.

I am using 3CX Phone System Version3.1.2434.0, just updated today
but the problem was there also with a previous version (3.0)
My server is running on a Windows XP Pro SP2
My gateway is a SEPURA 3000
and the VoIP client are are X-Lites.

Most of the phone calls were with Mobile Phones

The last server log of a lost call is here:
19:20:41.681 StratInOut::eek:nHangUp [CM104007] Call(3): Call from Ln:10000@Sipura to 999 has been terminated by Ln:10000@Sipura; cause: BYE; from IP:192.168.254.3

19:20:08.613 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnected [CM103001] Call(3): Created audio channel for Ln:10000@Sipura (192.168.254.3:16454) with Media Server (192.168.254.2:7008)

19:19:47.383 CallConf::eek:nProvisional [CM103003] Call(3): Ext.103 is ringing

19:19:47.142 CallConf::eek:nIncoming [CM103002] Call(3): Incoming call from 10000 (Ln:10000@Sipura) to sip:[email protected]

Thanks
Marco Combetto
Nibble Computer Solutions
Barbados

I would check your performance on that machine

Since your system is below the normal system requirements you may want to check your performance counters to ensure that you aren't overloading that machine first.

I picked up these system requirements over at deerfield.com:

Operating System: Windows 2000 Pro, Server, Advanced Server, XP Pro, Vista or Windows 2003 Server
Memory: 512MB minimum, 1GB or more recommended
CPU: 1 GHz (or equivalent) or better
Disk Space:
20M Hard Disk space for 3CX installation files
Additional disk space for database files
Additional disk space for logging, dependent upon configuration

Take care,

Call drop out

X-lites, Mmmmm.

What codec are they using to connect? You could try a
'more data - less cpu power' one.

Then see if it makes any difference.

A LOT of cpu power can be used in encoding, and if you are doing both on that pc it might just be it. You could check that 3CX has the codecs priority in the correct order too. Let me know how you get on though because Im thinking of using older pcs in some of my PBX installations.

Graeme.

Hi

Sorry for delay.
I just moved the 3CX on a P4 3Ghz with 2GB Ram. I got the same problems. It is really difficult to use the system in these conditions.. I cannot make reliable phone calls..

The X-Lite client could be misleading...
Please note that in my SIP network I also have an analog phone attached to the SIPURA SPA-3000 port.. (the only one available for analog phone)
And I have the same problem..
The SIPURA is using the G711u.

It is not happening systematically.. the duration could be different.. and when I do test calling my self (a mobile phone) it seems working better..

But the issue is terrible.. even if just fail 1 call every 3.. sounds horrible..

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Ok so you brought it down to the SPA.

Can you post your settings of the SPA?

Look like it drops registration but it can be the voltage on you line aswell.

Need to look at your setting to make sure.

Hi

I put the SPA 3000 under a UPS that is protecting him also from voltage peaks. It works better now.. not completely sure why.. but works better..

I still have to do more test. I had the impression that the PSTN line is not super good here in Barbados..

Thanks

Clean power is always good, but the SPA has a power pack so that should stablelise things enough for the SPA to work.

Dropping of the line can be due to:

- Line voltage
- Silence on the line
- Call progress tones
- Ring Cadence

Do you have the correct call progress tones for barbados?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.