Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Unexpected error: License Key Is In Use Already Licence: 27

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by anthonyduncan, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthonyduncan

Hello,

I have a strange issue. We've just recently migrated our 3CX Server (64bit Server 2008 R2 Virtual Machine) from XenServer 6.1 to our Microsoft Hyper-V server hosted on Server 2012.

Once the migration was successful, I did the recommended steps, removing XenServer tools and installing Integration Services for Windows. However, once I logged into the 3CX Management Console, I found our system was in demo mode. When I try to re-activate it using our Professional 16 calls license I get the following error. "Unexpected error: License Key Is In Use Already Licence: 27 68 System: 2 0".

From what I understand, this is normal once the hardware has been changed. Since this is the same I am assuming there should be a simple fix for this?

Please assist as this is crippling us.

Best regards,
    Anthony

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Re: Unexpected error: License Key Is In Use Already Licence:

Hyper-V utilizes dynamic MAC addressing for VMs.
    The 3CX license utilizes the MAC.
    I believe the activation limit is five?... You will want to set a static MAC.. and will probably have to contact 3CX support to reset the count.

3. anthonyduncan

Re: Unexpected error: License Key Is In Use Already Licence:

Thanks Matt,
    Indeed I had to contact 3CX for support and the logged in to fix the issue.
    I did however, change the MAC from Dynamic to Static before the logged in to address the issue. Thanks for the recommendation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.