Unexpected error: License Key Is In Use Already Licence: 27

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by anthonyduncan, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthonyduncan

Hello,

I have a strange issue. We've just recently migrated our 3CX Server (64bit Server 2008 R2 Virtual Machine) from XenServer 6.1 to our Microsoft Hyper-V server hosted on Server 2012.

Once the migration was successful, I did the recommended steps, removing XenServer tools and installing Integration Services for Windows. However, once I logged into the 3CX Management Console, I found our system was in demo mode. When I try to re-activate it using our Professional 16 calls license I get the following error. "Unexpected error: License Key Is In Use Already Licence: 27 68 System: 2 0".

From what I understand, this is normal once the hardware has been changed. Since this is the same I am assuming there should be a simple fix for this?

Please assist as this is crippling us.

Best regards,
    Anthony

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Re: Unexpected error: License Key Is In Use Already Licence:

Hyper-V utilizes dynamic MAC addressing for VMs.
    The 3CX license utilizes the MAC.
    I believe the activation limit is five?... You will want to set a static MAC.. and will probably have to contact 3CX support to reset the count.

3. anthonyduncan

Re: Unexpected error: License Key Is In Use Already Licence:

Thanks Matt,
    Indeed I had to contact 3CX for support and the logged in to fix the issue.
    I did however, change the MAC from Dynamic to Static before the logged in to address the issue. Thanks for the recommendation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.