Unhandled win32 exception when launching Management console

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by berndtjo, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berndtjo

Hi

Just installed the free version of 3CX 5.1 on a windows 2003 server. The installation went smoothly but when I start the management console the Visual Studio JIT debugger tells me that apache.exe has caused an unhandled win32 exception. The error message says something like: Unhandled exception at 0x0076a390 in Apache.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000004. If I check the error logs in apache, I don't see any errors, just warnings. From my limited experience I don't see anyting alarming in that error log. (included later in this post).

Is there anyone else that has experienced this problem? If that is that case, what was the way to resolve this problem?`

Regards
    Berndt

Here is the apache error log:
    -------------------
    [Tue Mar 11 08:45:58 2008] [notice] Server built: Apr 29 2006 17:47:10
    [Tue Mar 11 08:45:58 2008] [notice] Parent: Created child process 3808
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: bz2: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=1\nPHP compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: gd: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=1\nPHP compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: pgsql: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=1\nPHP compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: PDO: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=1\nPHP compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program\\3CX PhoneSystem\\Bin\\Php\\extensions\\php_pdo_pgsql.dll' - Det g\xe5r inte att hitta den angivna modulen.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: xsl: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=1\nPHP compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: cmstatus: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=1\nPHP compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: phpSHIELD: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=1\nPHP compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0
    [Tue Mar 11 08:45:58 2008] [notice] Child 3808: Child process is running
    [Tue Mar 11 08:45:58 2008] [notice] Child 3808: Acquired the start mutex.
    [Tue Mar 11 08:45:58 2008] [notice] Child 3808: Starting 1200 worker threads.
    ---------------------

2. landfiets

landfiets New Member

but does it mean it' s not running at all? Or only warnings. When it' s running try to make 2 extensions and a voipprovider and see if everything works. Send us the verbose log info which you have to activate in the "support " part of the 3cx software.
    In the meantime, did you install a server before on windows 2003? For websites or other things? Was it a clean install on this windows or is there more software running on the server. In the worst case, try testing it in virtual machine on this windows

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. berndtjo

Yes, the services seems to be running fine, including the apache web service. But when I try to open up the console application it gives me the this unhandled exception and the broswer application is left with the default "web page cannot be shown" page. I'am not reaching the console application at all and therefore I cannot make any configuration changes. The application event log does not give any indication that there are any problems either. I guess that setting verbose logging is done through the console, right? I have never used 3CX software before, however this is not a fresh machine. There are websites and other stuff on this machine. Currently I don't belive that I have any php or apache stuff on it that needs to be preserved. Could it be some residue from a previous installation that could interfere with the 3cx installation? Are there any good debugging procedures for finding out what the problems might be in situations like this? I am not very familiar with apache or php at all.

Maybe I should give the virtual machine approach a try.

/Berndt

4. pranaywilson

I am having the same problem. Did anyone manage to solve this?

5. hlevonyan

I had the same problem but seems it is solved now.
    Before installing 3CX PhoneSystem I had already installed PHP on my PC and that was the reason of the apache crash.
    Usually during the PHP installation the "C:\Program Files\PHP" is added in the "Path" environment variable.
    So, the following steps need to be done to solve this problem:
    1. remove "C:\Program Files\PHP" from "Path" environment variable
    2. reboot PC
    I don't know is it a good solution or not, but it works in my case.

Now I have another problem described here

6. psykomotor

I am also having a similar problem, and I have made a little progress with solving it.

O/S is Windows Server 2003 - I do have an existing PHP install, which runs on IIS6.

Removing the existing PHP directory from the PATH environment variable does allow the web interface to work. (Though I still got a lot of 'Apache HTTP Server' has to close messages ?). As the primary role of the machine is a webserver however, It is not possible for me to remove my existing PHP directory from the PATH permanently - It cripples the existing PHP install.

I am working through an alternative solution/quickfix however, so i'll keep you posted on how it goes :

I have had very limited success getting the web interface to work by adapting the Apache httpd.conf to use my existing PHP install (which hasn't seem to have clashed yet) -

[Original Sitation]
    - My PHP firstly didn't support short tags (I have nearly every option set to the strictest possible, intentionally), so I've temporarily allowed this.
    - I can sort of log in now, I get the 3CX login page and can put in username and password, but then php is giving me the error : '[24-Apr-2008 22:18:46] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function lic_is_free_version() in C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\left.php on line 2' (From php error log)

[24 April, 22:32]
    - Well, by commenting the line $is_not_enterprise = lic_is_free_version(); (or setting to true or false), I can get the left menu to display. Just a proof of concept really, I need to work out why that function library isn't being loaded. There are no errors in either Apache or PHP log for failing include/require.

[24 April, 22:57]
    - I think that the function lic_is_free_version() resides in one of the extension dll's (instinct tells the phpshield.dll, which seems to imply some sort of security functions, which might well contain a function for telling if the server is a free version). This is a bit of a dead end because my PHP is version 5.2.5, and the modules were compiled for a previous version of the module API, I'd need the source to make this route work I think.

7. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

This will not work.

Multiple PHP installs are ok.

The only likely approach to work to have a single PHP install on the machine is for the other applications to use the 3CX implementation.

Quite frankly I fail to see the scope, except from an Academic perspective.

Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.