Unified Messaging in Exchange 2013

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MrKoen, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrKoen

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2009
    Messages:
    61
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi guys,

    3CX has a blogpost set up which describes how to configure 3CX to have it forwards calls to Exchange 2013 to utilize the Unified Messaging functionality of it, like the awesome feature Outlook Voice Access. With Exchange 2010 this was fairly easy to set up. With Exchange 2013 however they have changed the way Exchange handles call routing. It now accepts calls on TCP 5060 and then replies with a redirect to either TCP 5065 or TCP 5067. Up to the latest version of 3CX publically available today (12 SP3), 3CX still doesn't seem able to handle this redirect on TCP 5060 well. The blogpost however doesn't mention a thing about it, but it plainly just doesn't work what is stated there. Now if you would tell 3CX to route the call directly to 5065 or 5067, it will work. But there's no way in telling when Exchange switches from 5065 to 5067 or vice versa, so its an ongoing administrative task which is cumbersome.

    Below are the logs which show what is happening:

    Code:
    7-Mar-2014 12:56:11.104   Leg L:22.1[Line:10000<<00316xxxxxxxx] is terminated: Cause: BYE from PBX
    07-Mar-2014 12:56:11.054   [CM503020]: Call(C:22): Normal call termination. Call originator: Line:10000<<00316xxxxxxxx. Reason: Terminated
    07-Mar-2014 12:56:11.054   L:22.1[Line:10000<<00316xxxxxxxx] failed to reach Ivr:99, reason Redirected
    07-Mar-2014 12:56:11.054   Leg L:22.2[Ivr] is terminated: Cause: 302 Moved Temporarily/INVITE from 192.168.xx.xx:5060
    07-Mar-2014 12:56:11.053   [CM503003]: Call(C:22): Call to <sip:99@exchange2013.xxxx:5060> has failed; Cause: 302 Moved Temporarily/INVITE from 192.168.xx.xx:5060
    07-Mar-2014 12:56:11.053   [CM503014]: Call(C:22): No known route from Line:10000<<00316xxxxxxxx to target: <sip:99@EXCHANGE2013.xxxx:5062>
    07-Mar-2014 12:56:11.053   [CM503006]: Call(C:22): Diverted to: <sip:99@EXCHANGE2013.xxxx:5062>
    07-Mar-2014 12:56:11.053   Call to T:Ivr:99@[Dev:sip:exchange2013.xxxx:5060;transport=TCP] from L:22.1[Line:10000<<00316xxxxxxxx] failed, cause: Cause: 302 Moved Temporarily/INVITE from 192.168.xx.xx:5060
    07-Mar-2014 12:56:10.612   [CM503025]: Call(C:22): Calling T:Ivr:99@[Dev:sip:exchange2013.xxxx:5060;transport=TCP] for L:22.1[Line:10000<<00316xxxxxxxx]
    07-Mar-2014 12:56:10.583   [CM503027]: Call(C:22): From: Line:10000<<00316xxxxxxxx (<sip:00316xxxxxxxx@voip.xxxxx.eu:5060>)  to  T:Ivr:99@[Dev:sip:exchange2013.xxxx:5060;transport=TCP]
    07-Mar-2014 12:56:10.582   [CM503004]: Call(C:22): Route 1: from L:22.1[Line:10000<<00316xxxxxxxx] to T:Ivr:99@[Dev:sip:exchange2013.xxxx:5060;transport=TCP]
    07-Mar-2014 12:56:10.582   [CM505003]: Provider:[xxxx] Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [(Very nice Sip Registrar/Proxy Server)] PBX contact: [sip:xxxx@94.75.xxx.xxx:5060]
    07-Mar-2014 12:56:10.578   [CM503001]: Call(C:22): Incoming call from Line:10000<<00316xxxxxxxx to <sip:99@94.75.xxx.xxx:5060>
    I have tried to search for people facing this issue as well and couldn't find anything on the topic. Is it that I'm doing something wrong or is it just a too exotic combination that nobody is using? If anybody could help me out on this, it would be greatly appreciated!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MrKoen

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2009
    Messages:
    61
    Likes Received:
    0
    No one is using Exchange 2013 in conjunction with 3CX PBX?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cobaltit

    cobaltit Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    Messages:
    1,196
    Likes Received:
    188
    @MrKoen

    I have one customer who tackled this themselves, and they just pointed it directly at 5065 and crossed their fingers...
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MrKoen

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2009
    Messages:
    61
    Likes Received:
    0
    Flaky solution if you ask me :) Exchange swaps ports every week or other week. Pity that 3CX doesn't fix this. Would say it should be a fairly minor thing to fix. Thanks for sharing your experience though!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cobaltit

    cobaltit Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    Messages:
    1,196
    Likes Received:
    188
    Agreed, but as you say, we need 3CX to fix. I think there may be a way to lock Exchange to a port via registry, but I didn't configure it myself.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. MrKoen

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2009
    Messages:
    61
    Likes Received:
    0
    I asked some experts at Microsoft and they said you can't fix the Exchange VoIP port to a fixed port with Exchange 2013.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. StefanW

    StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2009
    Messages:
    1,218
    Likes Received:
    89
    Hello MrKoen,

    open us a ticket under support.3cx.com
    The 302 diversions are normal and work with the 3CX Phone System. However one thing mentioned, it is 100% to ensured that the FQDN of the exchange is set correctly in the settings of the pbx including lower and upper case... If this is not the case you will get the rejection messages. Best is to check the Name gotten from the MS UM in the 302 diversion message in vwireshark.

    Also it is possible to change the sip port of the exchange in 2013 as i run my PBX and the exchange on the same host and they both like 5060... Unfo. it is in german but note IT IS NOT NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CHANGE BY DEFAULT!!!!
    http://www.3cx.de/blog/installation-ms-exchange-um-rolle/
    However it just moves the ports in the same order further along...
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. MrKoen

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2009
    Messages:
    61
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks for these pointers StefanW! I'll validate it and post my results here.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.