unified messaging

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by radelman, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radelman

3cx does not seem to want to forward voicemails as email. Voicemails are received in an extension but not forwarded. The email address in the extension is filled in as is the smtp server name. The user name and password are the same as my outlook voicemail account. Emails send and receive ok in Outlook.

Would anyone be kind enough to let me know if I should be able to see the sent emails in outlook and perhaps why they are not being sent from 3cx. Would you also know how long it should take for 3cx to prepare and send the email?

2. radelman

Hi Matt, this is what I have set up:

Mail server smtp10.*******.ca (the same setting as in Outlook)
    Reply Address voicemail@*******.com (email account name)
    Username for accessing SMTP server voicemail@********.com (email account name)
    Password for accessing SMTP server ********** (email account password)
    Special Voice Menu Extension Number ***
    Notify User when Extension is Added

Does this look correct to you?

3. landfiets

landfiets New Member

A lot of times you don't need to fill out the username and password for smtp connection. So when it's not working with those ID details please leave them out. Maybe it will work then

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. radelman

Thank you so much, I am very grateful for your help. Your suggestion solved the problem.

5. Philco

Philco Member

Hi, glad to see these posts.

I cant seem to get voicemail sent via email, but I have the server account set up as it should be and as per the example as radelman. The only diffrence is I use Mozilla Thunderbird as the mail client which shouldnt make any difference.

Tried with and without a username and password for the smtp server too. The voicemail remains on the 3cx server.

Regards

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.