• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Uninstall 3cx 15.5 Win 10 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigaboy

Customer
Reaction score
Really having a lot of trouble getting 3CX uninstalled so I can install a fresh copy. I have backups of my settings on another drive. However, I've uninstalled using the wizard, and it is unsuccessful as the program states there is already an account. Rebooted a few times, stopped all services, tried removing folders and registry settings, etc. Nothing works.

When I go to reinstall, the installation fails.

Is there a manual method to uninstall ALL 3CX and its associated settings. Or is there an uninstall app made for the purpose.

I can't talk for the PBX Express (if that is what you are using) as I use the standard install, but on Windows if I want to uninstall I simply go to "add remove programmes " and remove 3CX PBX from the off of server.

If you are using Linux and have root access into the command line on the server you can use the command "apt-get purge 3cxpbx".

This will only work if you have access to the server platform obviously.

Wish it were that simple. Services are still listed in the services tab, but are all stopped, no way to auto remove the program.

Is this a PBX Express version of 3CX?

This being the auto wizard installation of the system?

No, v15.5 on Win10. It looks like I've finally be able to remove it manually, deleting folders, going through the registry, reboot, using CCleaner to get rid of remaining services fragments and other junk, and rebooting again. Looks to be clean now.

Am going to install the Debian Version as a Hyper-visor instance. Thanks for your help.

If you were using the standard Windows PBX installation then why didn't "add remove programmes " not work? I've done this hundreds of times and the only thing I've known to stop this are administrator rights.

Good shout, you can save the Windows license if you use Linux version anyway and I find it more stable.

>> standard Windows PBX installation then why didn't "add remove programmes " not work?
Don't know, but it kept coming up with failed removal and then reverted back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.