• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Uninstall problem - Uninstalling Previous Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatson

Reaction score
I was trying to uninstall 3cx to upgrade. Well it stoped at stopping services. and frooze so i tryied to cancel after waiting 15 mins nothing happened so i rebooted. No i can't unisntall it. it's not in add/remove programs. when i open the uninstall for 3cx tells me only avail for products that are installed.

Re: uninstall problem

You can always go through the computer using windows explorer and delete any directory relating to 3Cx and then go into the registry using Regedit and search for 3CX related entries.

Be VERY careful in the registery if you haven't been in there before, make sure that it is actually related to 3CX and not a word that contains the characters "3cx" within before deleting anything! You can really screw up your computer if you delete the wrong entries, I'm talking complete reload of the operating system screw-up here.

Are you having problems trying to re-install the new version? What issues is the computer having the way it is now? Is the old version still starting up?

the old version was still up and running. i went into the reg removed it all. deleted the program 3cx folder. now i am getting this error
Error writing to file: 3cxpscomcpp2.dll

So after deleting everything is there still a 3Cx process running when you open Task Manager? At what point do you get the message, when you first boot up, or at some point later?

i have nothing on this machine for 3cx. it's when i am trying to install 3cx again

Deleting the registry and program files is not enough,

There are assemblies to be deleted as well.

If the installer stopped at stopping services, and remains like that, it clearly shows that some services could not be stopped. So next time go to task manager and kill the processes from there. Then you will see that the installer will continue.

Now to fix your machine you need to do the following

Go to

http://wiki.3cx.com/documentation/general/installation-checker

Download the installation checker to see what's still in the system.

Then Follow the guide to the letter and reboot the machine.

Then install 3CX Phone System again and the installer of V8 will fix your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.