• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

uninstall problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatson

Reaction score
I was going to try the new version today. So i backed up my current went to uninstall v8 and well just like normal that damn thing won't uninstall. It got stuck at stopping services and then it frooze. had to reboot the server. the phone system is working except it removed the webserver. but now i can't uninstall it again. it says it's not installed.

ok. well i can make outgoing calls. but no one can call me says error accord in this IVR seasson

First of all ...read this http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/uninstall-check/

If you are still stuck and determined to remove 3CX, and the "automated" methods won't work for you.

Try stopping the services, depending on your operating system it's usually in Start/ Control panel/Administrative Tools/services.
You should be able to pick out the 3CX services (they'll be the ones with the word 3CX in them) and Stop (don't disable) each one.
Then open Windows Explorer and find the 3Cx directories. I removed a version manually once and then re-installed. I seem to recall it was in Program Files directory, where you'd expect to find it. A lot of "stuff' is going to be left behind in the registry but should be overwritten when you go to install the next version (did you read the Blog above). It's a bit messy and obviously not the preferred method of removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.