Unique MAC Addressing not possible in V15?

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Paul Omans, Mar 16, 2017.

Unique MAC Addressing not possible in V15? 5 5 5votes
5/5, 5 votes

Tags:
?

Would you like unique MAC addresses to be reported when identical phones are on the same extension?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Paul Omans

I submitted this inquiry to 3CX staff:

The extensions are not showing correctly when multiple phones are associated with the same extension. The list only shows the MAC address of the first phone associated with each extension. I also noticed that it does not show port numbers along side the IP address of the phone which would be extremely helpful.

This is the response I got back from 3CX staff:

"The mentioned tracking is unfix able for two devices using the same make an model as it is impossible to render back the device configured. Therefore the issue will remain as is If needed two different device models must be used in order to see the two different MAC addresses. Functionality this does not affect the phone functionality in any way but this will currently remain as is."

Having this issue fixed would be extremely helpful.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Paul Omans

I ran into an issue today where a client had a phone that was not working. This phone was one of three phones on the same extension. In order to solve the issue, I had to find out which phone on the extension was not working properly via it's MAC address. If I could take a quick look at 3CX to find out which of the three phone was not reporting online via it's MAC address it would have made the troubleshooting process a lot easier.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Paul Omans

Just as an update to this thread, with the latest updates to 3CX and the latest supported firmware on the Yealink T46G phones, this is still being an issue. I've attached an example (with the public IP addresses of the phones and only the last four of the MAC addresses showing for privacy). As you can see, with identical phone hardware on the same extensions, the same MAC address is incorrectly shown for all the phones on that extension. Capture.PNG

4. Paul Omans

With all the most recent 3CX updates, and the most recent firmware updates the Yealink T46G phones, this is still an issue. Is there any way this can be fixed in the next service pack? Is 3CX even aware that this is an issue at this point?

Attached Files:

5. JLink Communications

Hey there, I have the exact issue. Have you heard anything?

Paul Omans likes this.
  6. Paul Omans

The official response from 3CX is that the issue is "impossible" to fix. However, I find that excuse incredibly difficult to accept.

I imagine that the time and energy required to fix this issue does not make financial sense to 3CX as they most likely believe the amount of users affected is very small. If we can get more users to come forward as being affected by this issue, 3CX might do something about it.

7. Silly English Kniggit

"unfixable" bull****. They're not willing to fix it - that I'd believe.