• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Unknown phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

loctrang

Reaction score
I have an Unknown Phone listed in Phone configuration menu. How can I remove the unknown phone since it caused a confliction for another phone provision? You can see on the attachment, the unknown phone and snom 370 have the same MAC, so it did not let the snom 370 to register correctly using provision. Please advise. Thanks,

Attachments

• ghostphone.jpg
    ghostphone.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,319
The 2 Phones cannot have the same MAC.
Even if you found a way to "remove" it from the list, that does nothing to solve your conflict problem since the phone is still connected to the network.

As i see you don't have all that many phones, i'd say it's worth going around and checking which phone is causing the conflict you're talking about.

as the mac is duplicated from the SNOM I'd hazard a guess that that phone is the culprit.
I would remove the snom phone from the system and start again, that should remove the duplication.

bluespiderit said:
as the mac is duplicated from the SNOM I'd hazard a guess that that phone is the culprit.
I would remove the snom phone from the system and start again, that should remove the duplication.

It's most definitely the Snom phone that's causing the duplication because Snoms send a Multicast message on the network, so when the PBX sees the multicast it adds them to the Phone's list.
Maybe he has multiple accounts configured on the Phone, but no extension on the PBX for that account to register to?

Here is the list that I have tried:
- Remove all identities from the Snom phone (the one has the same MAC caused conflicting)
- Reset all values on that Snom phone
- Disconnect the Snom phone from the network
- Disconnect all the phones from network (for the safe side)
- Restart 3CX server

However the Unknown phone still exists in the phone menu.

FYI, the problem started when I changed the IP (provisioning) and Ext of that Snom phone from an old IP (10.10.10.97) and an old ext (297) to a new IP (10.10.10.51) and a new ext (207). So, anytime now when I reboot the Snom phone, it still registered automatic with ext 297 (which is no longer existed in the system).

Attachments

• ghostphone2.jpg
    ghostphone2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,276
Any one have a clue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.