• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Unknown variables in provisioning template

Status
Not open for further replies.

geeves

Reaction score
Hi all,

In the past month or so we have upgraded to 3cx v14. We are now in the process of moving the system to a dedicated box but the provisioning template we use for the yealink t38g is causing some trouble. Initially I assumed that the configuration layout had changed and began the process of updating the new version with some of the old changes. However, I have run into an issue configuring the linekeys. When using %%Line%% (Taken straight from the 3cx support page) I get the following error:
NvaXvTR.png

Here is what the config looks like:
Code:
{IF blf20}
#Configure Linekey1 
linekey.1.line = %%Line%%
linekey.1.value = %%blf20%%
linekey.1.pickup_value = %%PickupValue%%
linekey.1.type =  %%DKtype%%
linekey.1.xml_phonebook =  
linekey.1.label = Hold 1
{ELSE}
linekey.1.type = NA
{ENDIF}

I have also attempted to remove the if/else statements because in the newer template it did not show them by default. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I was getting a similar error with Yealink T38 handsets. I had to identify what I had customized and then place that into the new template (and rename with a version 14 tag). Otherwise, there are going to be a lot of mentions of that variable.

JoelBlaha said:
I was getting a similar error with Yealink T38 handsets. I had to identify what I had customized and then place that into the new template (and rename with a version 14 tag). Otherwise, there are going to be a lot of mentions of that variable.

I took the variables straight from the 3cx support site here: http://www.3cx.com/support/phone-provis ... variables/ and they did not seem to work correctly. In the end, i copied the entire section and 3cx accepted it which I am still yet to figure out. Could you provide a little bit more information in regards to the version 14 tag? Thanks in advance

Did you use an editor with XML syntax highlighting?
There are different parts inside the template. As far as I know the variables don't work everywhere, but I am not 100% sure here.

When I upgraded from 12.5 to 14 every custom template I had created for my Yealink T38 phones errored with an unknown variable of %%PBX_HTTP_PORT%%. I even added pbx_http_port to the custom parameters, but that didn't help. I ended up making a copy of the new generic Yealink T38 template (adding a 14 to the template file name to know it was the updated template, that's all I meant by a "14 tag") and then adding back in the BLF and softbutton edits I had in my original custom templates.

I'll confirm Joel's experiences with T26/28s after customizing the templates on 11 and upgrading to 14.

@OP.

I think JoelBlaha is referring to the variable list you also posted in the link.

One question, are you indeed using Custom Templates?
If yes, if you apply the default template (re-download them to be sure) do you get the same error or do the default ones work?

Pretty much this should at least clarify if it is something in the custom template or not.

Hi,

Yes I guess it would be considered a "custom" template. I took the default yealink t38 template and changed the blfs. It worked without fail on v12 but when attempting to recreate on v14 it was not as successful. As somebody mentioned, it may have been a syntax error but i am still unsure. I was able to get it functioning again by copying the entire section instead of line by line. The default ones have no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.