Unnatural voice due to 3CX Phone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by numray, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. numray

Hi all,

I have the latest 3CX Phone and also an issue with the sound quality. When calling other VoIP phones (PCMA codec) not running 3CX, their voice sounds unnatural to me (strange pitch etc.). I sound alright to them as far as I know. With other software phones like SJPhone it's all alright for me.

Anybody with the same experience?

Regards
    Peter

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

I personally have never found seen such an issue. Are you sure they are using the same codec and that the PBX is not transcoding the audio that might (altought i doubt) cause the strange pitch.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. numray

I tried that yesterday again.

3CX calling HW VoIP phone on SIP2SIP.info. Positively weird sound. It's usable and speech understandable but just strange. Not sure how to precisely describe it - higher pitch, trembling sound with high frequency.

Old SJ Phone calling the same phone. All seemed alright.

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

the straight way is to install WireShark and make a capture of network traffic for the problematic call.
    It will answer ALL questions.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.