• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Unnatural voice due to 3CX Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

numray

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have the latest 3CX Phone and also an issue with the sound quality. When calling other VoIP phones (PCMA codec) not running 3CX, their voice sounds unnatural to me (strange pitch etc.). I sound alright to them as far as I know. With other software phones like SJPhone it's all alright for me.

Anybody with the same experience?

Regards
Peter

Hi,

I personally have never found seen such an issue. Are you sure they are using the same codec and that the PBX is not transcoding the audio that might (altought i doubt) cause the strange pitch.

I tried that yesterday again.

3CX calling HW VoIP phone on SIP2SIP.info. Positively weird sound. It's usable and speech understandable but just strange. Not sure how to precisely describe it - higher pitch, trembling sound with high frequency.

Old SJ Phone calling the same phone. All seemed alright.

numray said:
I tried that yesterday again.

3CX calling HW VoIP phone on SIP2SIP.info. Positively weird sound. It's usable and speech understandable but just strange. Not sure how to precisely describe it - higher pitch, trembling sound with high frequency.

Old SJ Phone calling the same phone. All seemed alright.

the straight way is to install WireShark and make a capture of network traffic for the problematic call.
It will answer ALL questions.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.