Unprovision/unregister phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pukkainc, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pukkainc

I would want to unprovision a phone from a user, but leave the user's extension intact. Then I will provision that phone to another user.

Seems straight-forward but cannot figure it out.

Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you talking about removing the provisioning from a users phone without physically touching the set? If so, then I'm not certain that can be done. Many sets retain the last provisioning if a new file cannot be downloaded when expected. Retaining the same extension number (to assign to another set), but changing the password before the config file is created, would result in the original set no longer being able to register.

3. tratz

tratz New Member

Just as what Lee said, you have two options. One factory reset the phone from the website and reboot it and Remove the mac address from 3cx (which will clear the settings and then you can select it to provision to another extension). Or change the password in the extension area and reboot the phone and it will fail registration and then you can reprovision the phone when ready but the phone won't work.

--Tracy

4. pukkainc

I guess I don't care how it's done. I just want to disassociate a phone from an extension, and assign the phone to a different extension.

When I go to the phone's advanced settings, it asked for a password. I put the password it that is in the console for the phone, but it won't take it. What password does it want?

5. pukkainc

I did tratz's first suggestion, factory reset and then clear the mac address. That seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.