Unregistered Extension Will Not Forward To Voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bac, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bac

bac

I have my system setup like this:

Extension 25 is currently an unregistered extension, with voicemail enabled.
    For Ext 25 destination unreachable settings, I have it set so that No Answer, Phone Busy, and Phone Unregistered all forward to a custom receptionist message (ext 82).
    For my custom receptionist message ext 82, I have it set so that timeout=1, transfer to voicemail ext 25.

What should happen is:
    Call comes into main receptionist ext 80, caller presses 25.
    Since ext 25 is unregistered it should play the custom message on receptionist 82.
    After that it should forward to voicemail for ext 25.

What actually happens is:
    Call comes into main receptionist ext 80, caller presses 25.
    Message says transfer failed.
    12:50:47.203 Call::RouteFailed [CM503014]: Call(7): Attempt to reach [sip:25@127.0.0.1] failed. Reason: Not Registered
    12:50:47.203 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503015]: Call(7): Target is not registered: Ext:Ext.25

I tried this same setup with an extension that is registered, and it worked correctly. So must be a bug, or I have something setup wrong.

I also have other weird problems:
    1. There is about a 10 second delay from when I dial the number to when the main receptionist answers.
    2. All of my custom voice messages play with a lot of static even though I recorded them per the instructions as PCM, 8 Khz, 16 bit mono.
    3. Unable to setup extension to call outside numbers.

It seems the more I try to configure this system, the more problems I find. I'm about ready to ditch it for one of those hosted pbx systems.

Thanks,
    Brian

2. asfuture

asfuture New Member

about your other problems 1: which kind of hard (soft) phones are you using?? why i ask?? i use etech an also siemens: with the etech hardphones i have the same problem with Siemens not. i'm seeking about the problem.
    about 3: on your lines definition: is this on: Allow outbound calls on this line ???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bac

bac

I think I may have confused you on item 1 regarding the 10 second delay. What I was referring to was when I make a test call into the system from any old phone line, it takes a good 10 sec or more until the main receptionist greeting starts playing.

Regarding item 3...yes allow outbound calls on this line is turned on.

4. bac

bac

Hi Matt,

I updated to 5.1, but it didn't solve all my troubles. I still have static on my custom messages that are played by the system. There is still a long delay from when I make a test call to the system and when the receptionist picks up.

The semi-good news is that I am able to get it to call an outside number, however I'm not able to hear the person called, although they can hear me. I've posted a separate post about that issue.

Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.