unsupported media 415 error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sequoyahdog, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sequoyahdog

After the upgrade I am getting 415 unsupported media error using the 3cx softphone. Does nayone know the fix?

2. sequoyahdog

Should have mentioned this is on outgoing calls. Incoming calls seem to work fine.

3. sequoyahdog

I solved this, and wanted to post so others can find the solution.

The 3cx soft phone under preferences even though video source was none, I still needed to uncheck allow video calls. This was not anything that i changed during the installation of version 11, so my guess is that this is a bug that will happen in certain situations

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Thanks for update.
    v11 supports multimedia proxy (at this moment audio, image and video). It means that those medias are handled transparently and are not "blocked" by PBX.

Video call (in 3CXPhone) can be allowed even if you don't have video capture equipment (webcam). In this case, you will be able to receive video from other party if party will agree to send it.

If you have detected this issue after upgrade to v11 then please provide more information about your equipment(provider?) which answer 415 Unsupported Media...

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Bulgarian Telecom (Vivacom) is having this problem with mobile SIP trunks only, while it is working with fixed SIP trunks. Disabling Video Proxy in Custom parameters solves the problem.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Also SP1 is allowing disable of video codecs. Very useful for some providers not liking video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.