Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Unsupported Phone Configuration - Cisco 6921 & 6961

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by qsjam, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qsjam

I understand by viewing previous posts on here that its possible to use phones that are not officially supported.

I assume this would involve getting a copy of the necessary configuration files for the phone, modifying them manually with your server & extension settings then uploading them to the phone.

I'm particularly interested in the Cisco 6921 & 6961 which I see have web-based configuration.

Many Thanks for any opinions on the topic!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the sets have SIP firmware installed, and they have "web-based configuration", which I assume means a GUI, then you should be fairly straight forward to configure without having to up load a configuration file.

If a config file(s) is required, you may have some luck doing an on-line search for some "generic" examples for those models, that you can then modify.

3. qsjam

Thanks again lee, I have picked a couple of sets up quite cheap on ebay so I'm gonna have a go.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You're probably not the first to attempt this. Do some searches, and check the Cisco forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.