Unsupported SIP trunk providers alert in 15.5 SP4

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TheDestinyGroup, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDestinyGroup

Hi,

Whilst I can understand the need to alert users when they are using an unsupported SIP trunk provider there should be a way that you can remove the alert on the Dashboard once you acknowledge you are using an unsupported SIP trunk provider.

In our case we've been using our current SIP trunk provider for 8 years.

When we first deployed 3CX back in 2010 the only supported Australian provider only offered VoIP lines not SIP trunks, and their product offering was far from competitive.

So I spent a few days working with our ISP to get their SIP truck service to working with 3CX and we've had absolutely no issues with their SIP trunks over the past 8 years.

Their SIP truck service can support 100 channels by default and 100 in-dial numbers by default. We have over 125 in-dial numbers currently linked to the SIP trunk service.

A key feature for us with respect to our current SIP trunk provider is their ability to provide itemised billing for outbound calls based outbound caller ID specified for each extension within 3CX. This is a feature a number of SIP trunk providers can't/won't provide.

Whilst I would love to see our ISP on the 3CX approved SIP trunk provider list it's unlikely to happen because they niche provider and haven't been prepared to pay the costs associated with becoming authorised SIP trunk provider.

Les

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You already pointed the reason why this visible indicator was introduced, so I am glad you see our point of view on this, at least slightly.
    This aside, I would suggest you tell your provider to apply for the interop anyway. Let one of the 3CX people speak with them if it gets accepted/approved and see what comes of it.
    If you've been using them for 8 years without a problem, that at least means that from a technical perspective they are sound and working with 3CX... ;)

3. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

How did we survive without the red warning all this time?
    Thanks for the red light on our dashboards.
    I use Nextiva. Awesome support and no downtime and great calls and great price.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 jimbo59, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Brian Cross and broadcastguy like this.
  4. rayfield

rayfield New Member

I don't know that I'm going to like this either. We are a voice service provider (reseller) and our service works great with 3CX. Since we are a true 'reseller' (not an agent or affiliate), then we sell under our name. Our service isn't 'approved', so it's going to throw up the 'red flag' warning. So how do we handle this? Can we get 'approved' as a 'reseller' of someone's wholesale-only service?

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I would suggest the same as I did above...

6. Figment

We also use in Belgium a unsupported SIP provider"... but great support and service.... can you please add an option skip this check... and the remove the warning on the dashboard

7. vizualpro

Can you provide a direct link or contact for applying?

Figment likes this.
  8. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. pact

pact New Member

We provide our own SIP services, but we are not interested in being listed publicly, we are not in the game of selling SIP services retail, they are for our own clients whom we sell the entire package to.

How are we to handle this situation? Paying a Yearly Interop Fee has not benefit to us, as we don't want to be listed publicly?

moniputerPBX likes this.
  10. vizualpro

moniputerPBX likes this.
  11. schut

The templates which are "certified" seem to be nothing more than simple XML files which hold the required parameters (e.g. address of SIP-server, port)

So if you're in the business to provide a full package you might be able to change/create a .XML which holds the correct settings for your trunks. Then at least you get rid of the message.

I run 3CX also on a branch in Switserland and the provider Sunrise gave me a how-to for 3CX - it also causes a red dashboard entry. A bit annoying, but if I ever feel like changing it I probably just add another .XML or modify one..

12. phil@lgmanor.com

In US, Comcast Business providing SIP lines fully supports 3CX and there are 2 certifiying groups in the US that have tested and certify that combination. Comcast Business is not a 3CX partner, so in that vain you would get a red warning. They provide two configuration examples, one is to select Broadview, and edit the params, another is to provide an XML file which is just a copy of the boardview.pv.xml file with their name in it and baseline settings.

13. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi All, As i have mentioned in a previous thread - unsupported voip providers are a major cause of issues resulting in unhappy customers which in turn adversely effects our brand. Some of you have mentioned voip providers that work well but we know that they do not work well as we have tested them.

There is a lot of ongoing testing and configuration that goes into a supported voip provider and we know first hand the issues that we resolve. After a voip provider is approved we run nightly tests and in case of issues we can contact the provider immediately before any of our customers are affected.

Now 3CX is ready to certify all tier 1 / tier 2 telco providers of reasonable size that are ready to go thru interop with us and provide us with an account and a support contact. The form is here. The service is free as long as its a reputable and strategic provider. (so not every one out there) If you are a platinum partner you can put forward your suggested voip provider for complimentary testing as well.

Now you can still use a generic untested provider thats OK but a warning will be present in our software and it will not be possible to suppress it.

#13 Nick Galea, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    craigreilly, CentrexJ and LeonidasG like this.
  14. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

Hi Nick,

Offering to certify providers is generous and considerate. I get push-back from providers because they never want to pay to be certified and there hasn't been much we can say back to that. Until now - thank you. -Kirk

15. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

[QUOTE="Nick Galea, post: 231214, member: 2"
    Now 3CX is ready to certify all tier 1 / tier 2 telco providers of reasonable size that are ready to go thru interop with us and provide us with an account and a support contact. The form is here. The service is free as long as its a reputable provider. If you are a platinum partner you can put forward your suggested voip provider for complimentary testing as well.
    [/QUOTE]

Hey Nick,

Probably should have led off with this when SP4 dropped. Would have prevented a majority of the blowback over this :). But very good to hear and we will be getting our preferred provider (us) submitted for approval ASAP.

16. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

17. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I didnt say it was free for everybody. I said it is free if they are a strategic voip provider. Nextiva clearly isnt.

The other option is that the VoIP Provider is SIP connect certified - this is OK as well. But certification from a professional standards body they will have to have.

@phil@lgmanor.com - Comcast would certainly fit the bill so if you can ask those two groups that are ready to work with 3CX to fill in the form and give us an account we will have them supported and in our PBX in a matter of weeks.

#17 Nick Galea, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    craigreilly likes this.
  18. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.