Unusable Call Quality

Discussion in 'Android' started by Michael Ballantyne, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Ballantyne

Phone Model: [Samsung Galaxy Note 4]
    Firmware Version: [15.0.23]

Hi, hopefully I have the details above correct, we have only started using 3CX in the last couple of weeks and this is my first post here. We have installed a number of desk phones in conjunction with a local company that are doing cloud hosting of 3CX for us. We have a number of desk phones, (Yealink T46G), across a couple of sites, plus a couple of users on the Windows soft phone, that are going great, no real problems once everything was bedded down. However we have a number of us that are using the Android app some of the time and we are having serious issues.

If we make or receive a call via the app, many calls have poor quality, some to the point of being unable to hear the other person or the call actually dropping out completely. This is particularly bad if two of our staff are calling each other from their 3CX Android app. We've spoken to the hosting company about it and so far they've tried changing codecs and apparently some other changes at the back end, but nothing has made any significant improvement. For the record we've tried using a number of different handsets, including a Nexus 6P, HTC One X9 and HTC One M7 as well as my Samsung and we've tried using it on 3G/4G as well as WiFi and gotten similar results all around.

As we aren't hosting this ourselves so I don't have access to any back end settings, however I have two basic questions. Firstly is this something other people are experiencing? Secondly does anyone have any suggestions I can give our hosting company to try to resolve the issue? Thanks for your help.

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

For the iPhone there is a app called “Speedtest” from Ookla. With this app you can measure the Up- and Download Speed but also the Ping time through the Internet.
    This will give you an indication of the reliability of the internet connection (throughput) at that moment.

So please use this app (you can find this in the Google Play Store) to test your network connecting at the time the phone calls have poor audio quality.
    Also make sure the smartphones are provisioned to use the G.729 or GSM codec as first choice.

Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.