Unwanted BLF/Shared Parking results with Fanvil X5S

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by David Forster, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Forster

Just purchased a Fanvil X5S to test, with high hopes it would be a good match for 3cx since they both recommend each other.

Whilst it seems a great desk phone I've already come across a serious issue that would stop it being usable, that being the behaviour of the shared parking.

Firstly the shared parking status isn't represented by a status light, so you wouldn't know by looking at it if it was already in use.

Secondly, once you pickup a call from a shared park the phone thinks and behaves as if that call came from an extension, not picked up from a shared parking slot, i.e. you can't return the call to the parking slot etc.

This would totally confuse my end users if I rolled it out to them.

It's also a shame you can't provision all the buttons (first 4 are preset, 1 MWI, 2 Headset, 3&4 Your own extension line). It maybe for example you don't intend to use a headset. The headset button also has no visible indicator it's on or off.

A few small firmware tweaks would sort this out, hope they happen soon, or it will be back to Yealink (which I love, was just looking for a slightly cheaper alternative).

[On most up to date firmware etc.]

Dave.

2. Peter Macdonald

I found the same thing with the park keys..

3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I am assuming you are using either Standard, Pro or Enterprise license key on the system where the BLF indicators are not working. The reason I ask is because if you have activated the system with a PBX Edition (free) key, then that is to be expected, as shared parking is not a feature that is available in this version (calls will park but the status will not show).

Apart from this however there is currently an issue with the shared Parking BLFs and the fanvils X5S and we already reported this to fanvil and are expecting feedback / fixes to be done in future firmwares that should be published in the next Service Pack.

David Forster and seegreen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.