Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Unwanted TLSv1 to SIP Provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Michael Moore, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Moore

I have an IP authenticated SIP trunk setup between our 3CX and Fusion. They did a capture related to a different issue we were having an were seeing a lot of TLSv1 handshake requests coming from us. I'm trying to figure out how to turn off the secure SIP option for this SIP trunk since it's not supported by the provider.

You can see in the attached screenshot the packets I'm talking about circled. I've deleted the IP's but one is our 3CX and the other is the ITSP's SIP server.

Any help would be great.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3. Michael Moore

In that reply someone says you can:
    "If they support SIP over TCP you can prepend transport-tcp. to your registrar and force the PBX to use TCP to communicate to the provider."
    How do you do that? If I can force the 3CX to do that instead of try and connect via TLS that would solve my issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is what is described in the thread. You need to prepend " transport-tcp." to your registrar to force the trunk to register with TCP instead of TLS
    Edit you trunk and adjust the registrar field by prepending " transport-tcp." upload_2018-3-2_11-56-1.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.