Update 4 is Here - Check out all the new features

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bianca, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    jed likes this.
  2. dkeethler

Can you explain the multicast provisioning improvement?

3. business54

First system I pushed this out to after the upgrade completed I get the notification that nginx has stopped. Luckily it's not a production system at this time. Not a huge issue but something to keep an eye on.

3CX Service notification
    Following service(s) were stopped recently:
    nginx

dkeethler likes this.
  4. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

Did the service automatically restart after the upgrade ?

5. dkeethler

I pushed it to one of our test servers and this did not happen to me...although, does the Linux version run nginx, too?

6. Aram

Aram Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi dkeethle,
    Starting from SP4(beta) version 3CX Phone System you are able to provision the Multicast Paging Ring group on your phones. Please be noted that the phone should be fully supported IP phone.
    To provision the Multicast Paging Ring group you need to do the following:
    1. Navigate to Ring Groups page and add the Multicast Paging Ring group(s)
    2. Edit needed extension(s), navigate to Phone Provisioning tab and select the added Multicast Paging Ring group from the "Enable Multicast Paging Ring Group provisioning" drop-down list. Save the page
    3. Navigate to Phones page and re-provision you phone(s).

jbryant84 likes this.
  7. tratz

tratz New Member

Aram:

So the improvement is that we can add one multicast paging group to the phone? I would imagine that if we needed more than we go back to the customized templates correct?

--Tracy

dkeethler likes this.
  8. Aram

Aram Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Tracy,
    Yes, for now we added only one Multicast Paging Ring group provisioning.
    If you need more, please add your request to 3CX Ideas and we will review it. Thanks!

9. dkeethler

Yeah, I agree. How do we add multiple multicast groups?

10. dkeethler

Thank you. Is this posted anywhere? Otherwise you're going to have a lot of people asking how to do this.

11. tratz

tratz New Member

I would imagine the same way it was done previously customizing templates.

craigreilly likes this.
  12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We understand that you might need more - but that page is already too full with options.
    In the meantime open an ideas request and we will check it.
    But I think you need to use custom templates for this one.. At least the development required is minor because in the last 6 months, from the analytics we have and the features we added in the provisioning area, a whopping 82% of customers that were using custom templates stopped using them. So the improvements we made were a very big success.

Add it - MAYBE with a bit of luck, some day i can have you using the 3CX stock Template :p (I doubt it but we will see)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. dkeethler

Nicky,

All of these settings that 3CX has added HAVE made it easier to use default templates. Since your developers have already figured out how to give us one dropdown for multicast, why not just add a few more? All the dropdowns do is fill out variables in the templates that used to be customized anyway. And if you're going to say "But I think you need to use custom templates for this one", then we should expect 3CX to support custom templates. Please don't suggest it if you're not going to support it.

14. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The problem is not that..
    The problem is What do you mean by "A few more" when the page is already as long as the old testament?
    I think you need to use custom templates, because there is no finite number that can satisfy every user.

The point is usability and how many people want this. This is why you need to put it in ideas. Im not going to fill the page with multicast groups to make you and Tracy happy..

What is a good amount? So most users have 1 multicast ring group. Would it be ok to add 3 for example?

If I add 3, will it be enough?

Im not suggesting and doing nothing about it. I'm suggesting you (as the requester) to open an idea stating that one is not enough and you put in there how MANY would be good?

Then if we see that a considerable number of users agreed with you, we might CONSIDER it for development. If I see that post is stagnant, then use custom templates. Its like a car. You like the car as it comes from the factory - NO, then go and customize it :).

15. tratz

tratz New Member

Nicky:

Believe you me I have been trying to get there the last 3 updates. It is tiring to keep modifying templates on each update and update all of the phones accordingly. On the otherhand, I can't remove features staff have and use just because of updates.

--Tracy

dkeethler likes this.
  16. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Very happy with SP4 (and the beta before that) so far. Great stuff!

I think if you had 3 multicast paging groups that would cover 95% of people's multicast paging group needs.

Most of my customers for their desk phones have either one page group for everyone, or department page groups with a separate "page all" group.

Some also have a "page deskphones", "page speakers" and "page all".

So in the above situation the minimum recommended would be two page groups. So adding 3 gives one to spare!

dkeethler and craigreilly like this.
  17. jem1

Great update, already been testing the transcription.

On the topic of the multicast, the template for the Yealink 4X and 2X don't disable the Paging Barge. The problem is if the multicast page is activated from a phone that has multicast provisioned, the call is immediately put on hold and the multicast paging active on that phone, causing the on hold music to be broadcast to every single phone that has multicast paging configured. This need to be set to 0 by default on the Yealink, Otherwise it requires a custom template.

The variable on Yealink is multicast.receive_priority.priority

Grandstream already seems to be set to disabled.

dkeethler likes this.
  18. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

have a serious beef with the fact that the VOIP provider we use doesn't have a template with you guys, and we use just a generic SIP template and get a big red warning on the dashboard, i think this needs to be toned down....

Especially as its something completely out of our hands.

19. Doctor Rob

speaking about VOIP providers (sip trunks) it would be nice if you guys would add a nextiva.com one instead of having to use generic. been using them for years now without issue.

20. tex

tex

I just updated to SP4 (release) and now I can't access the Management Console.
    This is the output of service 3CXPhoneSystemMC01 status
    root@3cx01:~# service 3CXPhoneSystemMC01 status
    ● 3CXPhoneSystemMC01.service - 3CX PhoneSystem 01 Management Console
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/3CXPhoneSystemMC01.service; enabled)
    Active: active (running) since Thu 2018-03-29 13:52:55 AEDT; 20min ago
    Process: 1989 ExecStopPost=/bin/rm -f /var/run/phonesystem/management_console01.socket (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 1986 ExecStopPost=/bin/rm -f /var/run/phonesystem/3CXPhoneSystemMC01.pid (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Main PID: 2024 (ManagementConso)
    CGroup: /system.slice/3CXPhoneSystemMC01.service
    └─2024 /usr/lib/3cxpbx/ManagementConsoleJS --pid /var/run/phonesystem/3CXPhoneSystemMC01.pid -p /var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Http/webroot

Mar 29 13:52:55 3cx01 systemd[1]: Started 3CX PhoneSystem 01 Management Console

I think the SP may not have installed correctly as it serves up a blank page.
    Is there a way to install the SP using the command line?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.