Update 6 BETA - Try out our new web based softphone!

Discussion in '3CX News / Tech Articles / Product Releases' started by Bianca, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Bianca

3CX Support

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

jofer, Lakota Morris and jed like this.
  2. tratz

tratz New Member

Bianca:

With this release, can i get a document showing which features that have been added are apart of which SKU. An example is the logos on the phones. For that feature, we are required to have an enterprise license. What other features require the enterprise license?

--Tracy

3. jed

jed New Member

Great work team 3CX:)
    New WebClient is looking very promicing, and GREAT with the QR in the Management.

A few q´s:
    WebClient, Hotkeys, will we see these in the WebClient?
    WebClient, Can we have the option to "Auto open" eg. Favorites or another group when selecting to transfer a call. We have customers where disabled users are using the WebClient on a Touch screen, and it would mean a lot for those, not to have to type a caracter or space to open the contacts to transfere the call to.

FirewallTest, the new FW test takes forever now do to all the added Media ports. Wil you be able to create a selection boks where we can decrese the ammount of ports checked, eg. if we are running a 16 SIM Call version, scanning up to port 9500 should be enough?

Great news regarding the Select Logo, but very sorry to see that we need ENT to use that functionality. We are using custom background on all customers T48, and have always placed the 3CX logo in the Right corner, not to conflict with the BLF Keys. Please make available in PRO as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 jed, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Nick Galea, Michigander and nitrox like this.
  4. nitrox

What are the ports on which the web client works? I mean client side and PBX side as well. Is it still working on 5090 TCP?

5. tratz

tratz New Member

Bianca:

How does the multiple queue ringing and call recordings work with the queues. Historically the recordings are based on the extension not the queue. Is it now based on the queue or does the queue settings trump the extension settings if the someone calls the queue. Also does the dist ring work on the pro / standard editions or only enterprise edition.

--Tracy

6. techclarity

Also disappointed to see that ability to customise your IP Phone background logo is only for Enterprise. Please make available in Pro license.

604, ecom2, Kongo and 4 others like this.
  7. Leon Zetekoff

Leon Zetekoff New Member

I just upgraded and on my webclient my configuration got changed. My settings had me looking at the four live extensions but now it just shows my extension. How can I restore what I had?

I think this could be related to this page where I have all these red triangles now - it looks like only my extension is active now where four total were before the "upgrade"

Can I downgrade back to the GA code?

upload_2018-8-9_23-3-22.png

#7 Leon Zetekoff, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  8. Leon Zetekoff

Leon Zetekoff New Member

I've regenerated all the extensions so the red triangle disappeared and that also is why the web client doesnt show up anything but the registered extensions. I found the checkbox to show unregistered extensions. Think I am ok now but wasn't expected to have to change all that :)

thanks leon

9. datamerge

datamerge New Member

Looks good guys.

Is there a way in Chrome to make it return to the same tab when you click on the toaster? Every time you click on the toaster it opens a new weblient tab. I suspect this is a limitation in Chrome.

Cheers
    Mark

Eliq91 and StefanW like this.
  10. phonemaster

Installed the beta version on my test environment - works smoothly!

The web-based WebRTC soft-phone is very cool, our customers will like it a lot.
    Also, tried 2 new phone provisioning features.
    Custom ringtones for multiple queues - again worked smoothly and a lot of customers were asking for it.
    Logo provisioning - this is one of the most expected features. I tested it with colored GS and Yealink phones and it's perfect. BTW, this document is very helpful: https://www.3cx.com/docs/ip-phone-background-logo/

I'm feeling that this will be one of the best 3CX updates. Good job, guys! Thanks!
    Hope the final version will be published soon.

Nick Galea and StefanW like this.
  11. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

One change for SP6 was to speed up the time the firewall check needs. Now only even ports are checked as those are the once delivering the audio. Further only parts of the range are tested. I see you point, do you need all the ports while been on a 16SC - some parts of the range serve different reasons, mainly the end is for WEBrtc...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    jed likes this.
  12. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

I think we should have a look into this if it is doable!

Eliq91 likes this.
  13. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

Most of your question you answered your self, just for clarification, if you would restart the hole PBX there is a delay until all the end point register to your PBX again. Tops up to 10m. Same is for an update. Ext would also register to those with the warning signs on it. It is a admin indication to increase security!

14. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

The rec. is still based on the extension but in queues the end user can override an enabled recording setting of an extension.

Sample: Ext set to record all external calls. Call come to the queue and the calling party opts out of recordings (or in the new opt in setting) does not opt in into recording then the flag of the extension serving the call is overridden for this call.

15. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

It uses the same port as the Management Console, commonly 443 or 5001 trailed by /webclient in the URL.

16. ConnectworksNL

Nice update, but still desprately need some basic features:

Its holliday time again, and it still not possible to set a holiday message for Inbound rules/different departments. Lets say you have a big company we need an ability to set a different holiday message for different apartments of company within one 3CX central.

And also for Breaktimes there should be an option to set a different message then after working hours.

These function are badly needed and also there are more Idea topics about these BASIC option.

Eliq91 and nitrox like this.
  17. nitrox

I was speaking about the SIP SIGNALING and RTP traffic. Is it possible to be more specific? thanks

18. tratz

tratz New Member

That makes sense. Also where is the custom ringtone per queue setting. I looked in the queue and the extension and only see the queue ringtone. From what i remember it is in update 5. Also is it specific to certain phones or will it work for any supported phone (we use about 95% fanvil phones, maybe the feature isn't available on that phone)

--Tracy

19. Aram

Aram Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Tracy,
    First you need to enable the "Use custom ringtones per queue." feature from the Settings->Phone / Client Options page
    upload_2018-8-10_14-28-53.png
    After that you need to add the particular extension as queue(s) agent.
    As soon as you will do it, you will be able to assign the custom ringtones per queue (the screen made for the extension with assigned Fanvil phone and it's an agent in 2 queues) from the Phone Provisioning tab and provision the phone to use these ringtones.
    upload_2018-8-10_14-36-59.png
    Hope this will help you to configure your phones.

Rob24h likes this.
  20. tratz

tratz New Member

Aram:

thanks for the info. What version of hte PBX does this work on (standard, pro, or enterprise)?

--Tracy