• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Update 6 Final is out - with new WebRTC softphone!

MichaelB_3CX

3CX Team
Staff member
3CX Support
Reaction score
The latest V15.5 Update - 6 - has gone gold. And it’s an important one. Not only does it come with many new features & improvements but it also has updated SSL certificates that are required.

Web Based Softphone​

Now you can make phone calls right from your browser without even installing a softphone. Update 6 integrates a Web...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jed
does the SSL updates affect the customer who uses its own SSL certification of the installation?

I just did an "00ps" on our production enviroment to initiate the update o_O. Update just took over 1 minute and everything was up-n-running again!

I straight away enabled the Web-RTC Web Based Softphone, how cool! It works fine, i've informed our internal organisation!

Keep this going! :)

How exactly is Opus supported?
- Fully supported for all yealink devices (including Dect)?
- Fully supported in iOS- / Android- and Windows-Softclient and also Webclient?
=> E.g. internal end-to-end support Android App <-> Yealink IP phone?
Full support also for SIP-Trunks (if supported from the SIP-Trink provider), so that also external calls should be able to use Opus, if the external partner support Opus and both SIP-Trunk providers support Opus?
What about Snom phones?
Thanks for an answer (I think, I'm not the only one with these questions).

How exactly is Opus supported?
- Fully supported for all yealink devices (including Dect)?
- Fully supported in iOS- / Android- and Windows-Softclient and also Webclient?
=> E.g. internal end-to-end support Android App <-> Yealink IP phone?
Full support also for SIP-Trunks (if supported from the SIP-Trink provider), so that also external calls should be able to use Opus, if the external partner support Opus and both SIP-Trunk providers support Opus?
What about Snom phones?
Thanks for an answer (I think, I'm not the only one with these questions).

I think its totally up to what the end-point (phone) or PBX/VOIP provider is supporting. You should apply the Codec Negotiation basics.

If Yealink devices support OPUS and 3CX does, conversations between the PBX and Phone could negotiate OPUS as prefered codec.

If your VOIP provider support OPUS you should be able to setup a phone call from your Yealink to your VOIP provider using fully OPUS codec because all partys support it.

If you make a call to the outside world its also possible (if the PBX handles the audio). Your call via the PBX is using OPUS and the audio stream between the PBX and your VOIP carrier could be using a different Codec.

Reactions: StefanW
Hello @FredyWenger @unoa

The PBX core engine fully supports OPUS codec so the PBX will negotiate OPUS for any call setup from/to the PBX if the other party supports it as well. This goes both for voip providers and phones as well. If the provider or phone/firmware supports OPUS this will be offered and possibly used in calls from/to the PBX.
As for our clients, currently OPUS is supported on IOS, android and webclient. WIndows and MAC will follow shortly.

Reactions: FredyWenger
@mariosM_3CX:
This sounds (really) good :)
Can you say something to Snom (where the actual state is "experimental")?
Can a Snom (d345) be configured with the update for Opus or not..?

I have some strange issue with this update
The server was showing this morning that there is an update to 15.5 6 and that there is also an update for Yealink templates
I started from the server update and it went just fine
After the server was updated I no longer see that there is an update for the templates
If this is because the templates were updated as part of the 15.5 6 then why I don't see any changes under Yealink phones ? Where is the option to select different codecs for internal and external and where is the OPUS option for Yealink?

After trying out the new update I see the new opus codec listed on the template for the Yealink T5x series but not the T4x series, which is shame because that's what we have deployed. Fingers crossed opus makes it to the T4x series template soon!

In the mean time I might try a custom template and add in the opus codec...

Im my installation, still "New 15.5 SP4 RELEASE Update Available" is showed...
Are there special settings to do, that 15.5 SP6 is showed or do I have to wait some time, as the updates are not provided simultan to all installations?

Any information on the password policy change? How does this affect existing passwords?

"Updated the password policy for all password fields changing the length from 6 to 10 and forcing the use of an upper and lower case character. "

Any information on the password policy change? How does this affect existing passwords?

"Updated the password policy for all password fields changing the length from 6 to 10 and forcing the use of an upper and lower case character. "

I have same doubt..
We have 40 customers with 3000 extensions in total.
If password policy change, we have to reconfigure all of them :confused:?

Hello @FredyWenger ,

Please note that depending on your current SP, what you will see in the Updates section, is the next SP that followed after the one you are on. For example if you are on SP1 you will see SP 2 pending for installation,if you are on SP4 you will see SP5 and so on. In order to reach SP6 you need to perform the missing Service Packs one by one.

This is because each SP contains upgradations and changes for the current/new features so skipping one of them you will miss the new/different things it brings.

Reactions: FredyWenger
I have some strange issue with this update
The server was showing this morning that there is an update to 15.5 6 and that there is also an update for Yealink templates
I started from the server update and it went just fine
After the server was updated I no longer see that there is an update for the templates
If this is because the templates were updated as part of the 15.5 6 then why I don't see any changes under Yealink phones ? Where is the option to select different codecs for internal and external and where is the OPUS option for Yealink?

The templates were included in the update that is why they are no longer available for download. Depending on the phones you are running you may see or may not see changes. You also need to be running the default templates.
The codec options for internal and external calls is located under Settings / PBX

"Updated the password policy for all password fields changing the length from 6 to 10 and forcing the use of an upper and lower case character.
Existing extensions will keep their password but will be marked with an exclamation mark until the passwords are updated.
New extensions will have random passwords generated that meet the new requirements. You can still use a less complex password but that will also be marked with an exclamation mark.

Reactions: bbaker73
I have same doubt..
We have 40 customers with 3000 extensions in total.
If password policy change, we have to reconfigure all of them :confused:?
As stated above the extensions will keep functioning but an exclamation mark will appear next to the extensions until the password is updated.

Existing extensions will keep their password but will be marked with an exclamation mark until the passwords are updated.
New extensions will have random passwords generated that meet the new requirements. You can still use a less complex password but that will also be marked with an exclamation mark.

Not having done it before, is there documentation on updating/regenerating the passwords without disrupting the extension desk phones, softphones etc?

Reactions: Paul@ISO
Hi,

I am still only seeing "New 15.5 SP5 BETA Update Available". I do not see option to upgrade to the actual release?

Also we are running a PBX Express install in the AWS cloud on Debian. There is no firewall other than as configured by the 3cx wizard/as amended by IP Blacklists. Do we need to make changes here/anything to be concerned about in AWS?

Can our staff just upgrade their 3CX App through the Google Play app store, or will they need to re provision their extension?

Last edited:
Not having done it before, is there documentation on updating/regenerating the passwords without disrupting the extension desk phones, softphones etc?
Please note that once you update an extension password the phone will need to be reprovisioned or the extension will fail to register to the PBX. If you are using supported devices once you press the regenerate password the device will automatically reprovision and update its password.

Reactions: David Liddle

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.